Newton Consulting is a unique and leading provider of IT consulting services. With an outstanding team of experienced leaders and accomplished professionals in the areas of technology, business, and IT management, Newton Consulting specializes in providing IT Strategy, Project Management, Systems Integration, and Legacy Application Support services to growing companies based in North America. Newton Consulting is a fast-growing company, able to attract and retain the best and the brightest in the IT consulting field with a contrarian business model focused on high integrity, mutual trust, shared ownership, and reward-for-performance.
Summary: The Business Analyst position is responsible for obtaining business system requirements from stakeholders and subject matter experts. They will work closely with the client team to gather and document business, technical, and operational requirements for planned initiatives to support growth. Requirements will include process models and documentation. Create diagrams to demonstrate information flows and standard operating procedures. Identifying project dependencies and raise issues to the leadership team. Manage and track changes to the business system requirements. Plan, implement and test system configuration changes. Customize screens and reports as needed.
- Analysis & identification of business system needs
- Plan, define, & document solutions based on requirements
- Plan, implement, and test business system changes
- Support business systems and provide end user training
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify stakeholders and understand roles and responsibilities
- Work with end users to document standard operating procedures
- Train end users in standard operating procedures and related business system functions
- Define use cases for testing
- Gather and document requirements for fixes and enhancements
- Plan, implement, and test business system changes
- Work closely with IT, end users and consultants to Implement/test and install system upgrades and enhancements
Further Responsibilities may include:
- Collecting and analyzing the project’s business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to development team.
- Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client’s business needs.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Communicating effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver product’s functional requirements like screen, interface, and GUI designs.
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client.
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios.
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Computer and/or Business related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with ERP System
- Experience in the requirements definition of business applications and integration of systems
- Expierence with finance, manufacturing & supply chain business functions
- Experience with business system configuration and report writing
- 2-5 years experience in database programming using SQL and SQL scriptGood interpersonal skills
- Well polished oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to acquire other responsibilities and tasks as needed
- Experience using Postgresql database and PHP a plus
- Comfortable working with OpenSource software on Linux
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration.
About Newton Consulting:
Our client is a global creator and marketer of packaged food products to consumers, restaurants, and food services world-wide, with a long history of success. They are a leader in the industry and an employer of choice, hiring and retaining the best talent. Our client is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, innovation and creativity, and the full engagement and contribution of every employee.
Posted 4 years ago