Job Description:Senior Underwriter
Reviews and underwrites mortgage files to investor underwriting guidelines. Determines loan conditions on loan files and communicates directly with branch personnel to resolve the conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Underwrites mortgage loan files per underwriting guidelines and state and federal requirements (including RESPA, HMDA, and HOEPA Section 32).
- Verifies all documentation associated with mortgage originations including but not limited to: income, asset, credit, appraisal and title information.
- Effectively communicates required conditions to the production staff and assists where possible to expedite final approval of the file.
- Promptly and accurately reviews files within specified timelines to issue conditional and final approvals.
- Ensures accuracy between file, LOS (Encompass) and final AUS findings.
- Ensures that appraisal and title insurance are provided by an approved vendor.
- Responsible for meeting productivity and Quality Control goals as required by management.
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of conforming underwriting experience (Agency)
- Experience with DU and LP systems.
About NewCastle Home Loans:
In 2003 NewCastle Home Loans set out to build the best mortgage company for the purpose of earning lifetime customers and their referrals. We successfully integrated the most inventive practices from both big banks and small mortgage shops.
As a company our objective is to provide our clients with the local and personalized services that are so important to them. We have streamlined our process from application to closing by investing in state-of-the art technology, training and product development, yielding high productivity and fast closings Most importantly we've partnered with over 50 top banks from around the world to assemble a wide range of diverse mortgage programs with the most competitive rates.
Posted 4 years ago