HealthTech is seeking a Director of Pharmacy
for our client hospital in New Orleans, LA. The Director Pharmacy
supervises the activities of the department and is responsible for seeing that the activities of the department are carried out in a professional, safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner. (SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE)
The Director of Pharmacy
is responsible for strategic planning, direction and overall accountability. The Director of Pharmacy
is responsible for seeing that activities are conducted in a manner that ensures the highest quality of care available to patients while following all pertaining local, state and federal regulations regarding the practice of Pharmacy. The Director of Pharmacy
is responsible for procurement, compounding, dispensing, control and distribution of all drugs, chemicals and biologicals governed by state and federal regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy. Develops and is accountable for budget for all departments reporting to him/her. Demonstrates actions consistent with the hospital Expectations as duties are performed on a daily basis.Minimum Qualifications:
- Education, Experience & Training:
- Louisiana licensed pharmacist.
- Successful completion of a hospital pharmacy residency program approved by the Board of Pharmacy or five years of experience in a hospital pharmacy and exhibited competency in hospital pharmacy operations.
- This position must also serve as the pharmacist in-charge in accord with the regulations of the Louisiana State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must be skilled in the practice of Pharmacy as well as the business acumen and personnel skills required by this position.
- Other Qualifications:
- Professional attitude and ability to relate to executive management, professionals and business and community leaders.
- Exhibits excellent leadership and self-direction, good judgment in handling difficult situations and good organizational, time management, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Physical Demands:
- Overall physical workload is light. Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to work longer than 8 hours per day, moving about in excess of 70% of the day in order to carry out duties in a fast paced environment.
- Sometimes work is generally sedentary requiring long periods at desk and computer.
(SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE)