Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Executive Director of Worship & Arts
Full Time, Pastoral Staff, Reporting to the Senior Pastor
The Executive Director of Worship & Arts (EDWA), under the direction of the Senior Pastor, will oversee the development, planning and implementation of all worship in the ministries of New Mercies Christian Church, leading the teams that will prepare, plan, rehearse and present the musical aspects of the Worship Services on Sunday mornings, and overseeing all other worship/musical events and activities at New Mercies.
· Provide leadership to the Departments of Choir, Worship, Band, Dance, Drama, Media, Sign Language (Prophetic Hands).
· Provide the overall spiritual, musical and administrative leadership for the ongoing development of the worship ministries of the church.
· Develop, coordinate and administer an overall worship music development plan for the entire church that is effective and well -rounded (including, but not limited to vocal, choral, instrumental, sound, tech, visual and drama ministries).
· Effectively recruit, motivate, train, mobilize, resource, encourage and direct a diverse team of volunteers to create and implement the vision, values, and strategy of New Mercies for all aspects of the Worship ministries at New Mercies.
· Lead in coordination with the Senior Pastor, the Worship Programming Team in the planning and coordinating of all aspects of the NMCC worship services.
· Plan, schedule and ensure leadership of all Worship Service rehearsals (Sunday a.m. and all special services).
· Coordinate the platform leadership (transitions, etc.) of all services.
· Develop music ministries in other areas of the church in collaboration with individual ministry leader(s).
· Assist in the planning and implementation of seasonal and special church events and programs.
· Provide leadership for the development and oversight of worship and arts ministry and their programs
· Conduct all musical groups needed to resource the worship services (vocal groups, solos, duets, choirs, etc.)
· Lead special musical events including concerts, musical dramas, and seasonal services
· Ensure the timely scheduling of instrumentalists and vocalists, and sound, tech, visual and drama personnel
· Coordinate Worship Center (sound system, decorations, scheduling and other areas)
· Oversee purchase, maintenance, repair and tuning of all church musical instruments
· Work collaboratively with appropriate leader in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluating of the programs and ministries of the Worship and Arts Division
· Develop and manage budget for Worship and Arts Division approved by the Senior Pastor and Chief Financial Officer
· Give attention to studying Biblical worship and relevant expressions of the same to aid in the growth of the New Mercies worship experience.
· Degree or coursework in Christian studies is preferred
· 5+ years of experience in ministry or church vocational work
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word & Excel
· Experience in organizing multiple projects and events
· Experience developing and managing a budget
· Experience project managing music and drama productions
· Highly organized; flexible
· Exemplary oral & written skills
· Ability to multi-task effectively
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to attend required meetings
· Effective time management skills
· Ability to interface and communicate effectively internally and externally
· Ability to build positive working and ministering relationships
Company address: 4000 Five Forks Trickum Rd
Posted date: 24 days ago