Full Time, Pastoral Staff, Reporting to the Senior Pastor
The Executive Director of Ministries (EDM), under the direction of the Senior Pastor, will provide leadership to Departments of Discipleship; be responsible to develop reproducing leaders according to their spiritual gifts to meet the needs of the congregation. The position is responsible for ensuring each ministry has a winnable strategy, clear goals, is identifying and solving problems, and achieves its purpose.
· Provide leadership to the Women’s Ministries Department, Men’s Ministries Department, Student Ministries Department, Christian Education Department, Young Adult Ministry, Assimilation Ministry, Guest Services Ministry, and Parking Lot Ministry
· Implement church policies and procedures under the direction of the Executive Pastor
· Provide leadership for the development and oversight for ministry and their programs
· Assist the church’s ministries in developing ministry plans that provide for achieving the immediate, near-term and longer-term goals and objectives.
· Develop and recommend strategies for ministry growth and program development.
· Through the various discipleship ministries ensure the development of environments that build community outside of church services and corporate bible studies
· Oversee the assimilations process of new members into the life of the church from new members, orientation, to mission community.
· Be responsible for the development of adult servant leaders who serve, according to their spiritual gifts, in the various divisions of New Mercies.
Oversee a comprehensive ministry of fellowship and discipleship for all church members and regular attendees
Oversee the development of existing and new developed ministry programs and evaluate their effectiveness
Oversee the Ministry Division budgets and promotion of All Ministries in the Division
Work collaboratively with other departments in the furtherance of the vision and mission of the church
Develop and Maintain discipleship training for Elders, Ministers and Deacons
General ministerial Responsibilities (Teaching, Preaching, Counsel and care) as needed
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor
Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Commitment to personal spiritual growth
Models standards and expectations of leaders within New Mercies Christian Church
· Bachelor’s degree required
· M. Div., or above is preferred)
· Strong interpersonal skills—ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately, both orally and in writing.
· Degree or coursework in Christian studies if preferred
· 3-5 years’ Experience in ministry or church vocational work
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word & Excel
· Experience in organizing multiple projects and events