Netflix has a PT Machine Operator / Driver opportunity at our Kansas City, Mo location. This position is part-time – working on Monday’s 4:00 AM to Noon, Wednesday’s 3:00 AM to Noon and Saturday’s 3:00 AM to Noon.
This is a Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulated position
Driver Responsibilities Include: Loading and unloading of the truck at hub and at the Post Office, drive safely to and from the Post Office, while ensuring all mail is delivered and/or picked up in a timely manner, and in good condition. This position requires working with and interacting with Post Office employees in a businesslike manner.
Machine Operator Responsibilities Include: Operation of automated equipment - single or multiple machines, depending on position proficiency level of operator. Set up machines, process work product through machines, troubleshoot mechanical issues and perform repair and or routine maintenance on equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate automated equipment. Load supplies, DVDs and mailers into automated machinery for processing. Remove processed DVDs and mailers from equipment. Ensure proficiency with process for equipment; output of machine is maintained at optimal performance standards.
- Equipment maintenance. Perform basic maintenance on equipment. Able to set up machine, run applications, perform basic troubleshooting, and follow general equipment safety guidelines.
- Transfer and transport materials. Place processed DVDs into bin boxes, mailers in correct USPS trays. Load boxes, trays and supplies on carts to transport materials within facility. Prepare totes for mailing. Place cardboard sleeve over USPS tray of processed mailers.
- Use strapping machine to place secure straps around tray. Load tray on cart for conveyance to Post Office.
- Load truck for delivery to Postal Distribution Center and Operations Center.
- Unload truck at Postal Distribution Center and Operations Center.
- Work with Postal Distribution Center for approval of shipments.
- Drive Shipments between Postal Distribution Center and Operations Center.
- May need to process mailers for transporting to post office, including shipping, tabbing, and postal sorting.
- Ensure all mail is delivered timely and in good condition to Postal Distribution.
- Center and Operations Center.
- English language skills, with the ability to read and respond to instructions read and understand equipment manuals or other documentation.
- Writing ability in order to complete process or maintenance related paperwork.
- Ability to understand and respond in English.
- Good attendance record, must be punctual.
- Valid Driver License in state of residence, and ability to receive and maintain any additional licensing requirements of the state.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Clean DMV record, subject to periodic review, and ability to pass Drug Screen and Physical, may be subject to random drug testing following initial screen.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Good communication skills.
- Goal orientated with positive attitude.
- Experience driving a 18-24 foot truck and /or cargo van a plus.
- Frequent walking, bending, pushing, stooping, twisting, squatting, reaching below shoulder level.
- Able to push loads requiring 60 pounds of force.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and continually perform essential job functions. Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to manipulate materials, discs, packaging and sleeves.
- Ability to grasp and safely lift and carry a tray or box of DVD discs, and/or a box of mailers, weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to push utility carts carrying boxes of DVDs, trays of processed DVDs, or materials, unaided, and guide carts through workstation area.
- Use of personal protective equipment: Gloves are required to be worn when handling discs outside of their protective sleeve.
This position is part-time – working on Monday’s 4:00 AM to Noon, Wednesday’s 3:00 AM to Noon and Saturday’s 3:00 AM to Noon.
Hourly Rate: $11.40 an hour.