Nestle - Shuttle Driver
Please apply online at http://nestlejobs.com/careers/nestle-usa-jobs Search your city to find the position nearest you.BASIC Qualifications:
' Be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions OR have a minimum of 3 years professional driving experience with a Class 'A' CDL.
' High School Diploma / GED equivalent
' Valid Class 'A' CDL.
' 2 years or more Class 'A' driving experience in a business environment preferred
' Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, physical and motor vehicle report
' Ability to work early morning/late night hours
' Willing to work over 40 hours when required
' Ability to work regularly in cold environment (-20 F)
' Ability for frequent standing, bending, kneeling, and lifting required (up to 50 lbs)
' Ability to push and/or pull up to 2000 lbs. using pallet jack
' Grocery/Retail experience preferred
' Ability to work safely
' Read, write and speak English
The Shuttle/Delivery Agents' primary function is shuttle/delivery and distribution of products on an assigned route within prescribed timelines. Deliver and unload palletized orders; pickup and deliver inventory and a variety of other materials and related paperwork from a regional distribution center to cold storage, customer deliveries, Distribution Center deliveries and cross dock deliveries. Shuttle/Delivery Agents must maintain customer expectations regarding delivery and receiving instructions, and back room storage.Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
' Prepare truck for operation by inspecting general condition-validating adherence to DOT standards.
' Delivers items by identifying destinations; follows established route; operating the truck; unloading the items; merchandising; maintaining schedule.
' Serves customer by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints.
' Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations.
' Maintains delivery, truck and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgements; record tracking information; completing driver logs and truck performance forms.
' Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
' Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different.
' Requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
' Continuously reinforce the 'Grooves' philosophy within a profit center.
' Ability to work 2nd shift and weekends.Work Conditions:,
- Location: Work is performed 50-80% of time at customer locations delivering products, 20-50% on the road driving vehicle.
- Hazards: Driving a variety of 12-15 ton vehicles in all types of weather, slippery surfaces, lifting hazards, exposure to moving vehicles and equipment, traffic hazards, fall hazard from work on dock and tailgate, fumes, odors and some bouncing, jarring, vibration from truck operation.
- Tools/Equipment Used: 12-15 ton truck, hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, carts, dollies, straps, lift gates, and pallets
- Safety Equipment: Seat belts, gloves, hearing and eye protection as required. Behavioral Attributes:
' Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
' Energy: Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
' Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity.
' Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances analysis and action appropriately.
' Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel.
' Team Work: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole.
' Manage Job professionally: and with a high level of organization.
' Able to work in the Grooves culture and the 'I' can make a Difference philosophy.Physical Requirements:
- Standing/Walking: Frequently, when not driving truck while performing duties at customer locations, loading/unloading truck and using pallet jack; walking, up to 1 mile per shift on concrete or asphalt surfaces.
- Sitting: Frequently; while driving truck in between scheduled stops, up to 15-30 minute intervals or while performing brief paperwork tasks.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently, 10-40 pounds off loading boxed ice cream products (up to 800 times per shift) from pallet to shelves or racks. Carry short distance up to 6 feet.
- Push/Pull: Constantly, using both hands and arms while getting in/out truck, moving pallets via pallet jacks and boxed products via wheeled carts/ racks exerting a force up to 75 pounds. May encounter inclined slopes, uneven surfaces at delivery sites requiring greater force.
- Climbing: Frequently, stepping in/out of truck, up to 16-42 inches, 2-3 steps depending on vehicle, up to 30 repetitions per shift. Requires balancing on rear lift gate when loading/off loading.
- Bending/Twisting: Constantly, at waist/upper trunk/neck while driving/backing up throughout workshift, loading/unloading items from truck and performing warehouse duties. Items must be retrieved from floor level and placed up to heights of 40-70 inches in shelves or dollies while unloading pallets on to racks or carts. If pallets unloaded, may handle approximately 800 boxes of product.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while inspecting truck, delivering orders and putting up stock at floor level, and during cleanup duties.
- Hands/Arms: Constant use of both arms and hands throughout work shift Tasks can be highly repetitive, requiring fine and gross finger movement, power gripping/grasping, extended reaching/handling and above shoulder reaching.
- Sight/Hearing/Speech: Constantly, required to provide safe operation of truck, communicate with personnel at variety of customer locations and meet federal DOT requirements.
- Other: Hand-eye coordination, backing vehicle to customer dock, ability to operate foot controls on vehicle using standard and automatic transmission, pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Temperature: Work regularly in cold temperatures (-20 degrees F)
This description should not be construed to contain every function, responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
EOE/M/F/D/V Dreyer's and Edy's Grand Ice Cream is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for Diversity in candidates for employment.