Please apply online at http://nestlejobs.com/careers/nestle-usa-jobs Search your city to find the position nearest you.
Must have a valid Class B CDL, with airbrake endorsement, meeting DOT requirements or a Class B permit with ability to obtain a Class B CDL and airbrake endorsement within 30 days of hire. We offer great pay and an exciting new career opportunity.
The Utility Associate I provides world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) service to our Large and Small Format customers. The major functions of the role include providing merchandising and reset support to our customers. Other job functions include running route relief for our sales representatives and loader functions. It is critical that the Utility Associate I leverages standardized work practices, achieves operational standards, follows safety requirements and contributes to a positive team atmosphere.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Must have a valid Class B CDL, with airbrake endorsement, meeting DOT requirements or a Class B permit with ability to obtain a Class B CDL and airbrake endorsement within 2 weeks of hire- Merchandising and/or Reset experience
- Must have a dependable vehicle with valid insurance
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, physical and motor vehicle report
- Ability to work early morning/late night hours
- Willing to work over 40 hours when required
- Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and Holidays
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to work safely
- Read, write and speak English
Primary Responsibilities:<br. - Provide world class DSD customer service
- Drive business growth
- Perform sales activities as needed
- Build customer relationships
- Leverage standardize work practices
- Achieve operational standards
- Follow safety requirements
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards change
- Contribute to a positive team
- Perform Merchandising, Resets, Route Relief, First Fills,
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity.)
- Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action.
- Communication: presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel.
- Able to work in the Grooves Performance culture.
- Team Work: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole.
- Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
: - Location: Work is performed 90% indoors, and 10% outdoors while operating vehicle between customer locations
- Hazards: Slippery surfaces; wet & icy, exposure to cold, cuts, pinch points and overhead obstacles in freezers, moving equipment and normal traffic hazards while operating personal vehicle
- Equipment Used: Hand truck, pallet jack, wheeled cart/rack, knife, and personal vehicle
- Safety Equipment: Gloves
- Standing/Walking: Constantly, while performing duties in retail customer locations; walking, up to 1-2 miles per shift on concrete or tiled surfaces.
- Sitting: Occasionally (10%), while operating personal vehicle between customer locations, can be subject to heavy traffic.
- Lift/Carry: Constantly, 1-5 pounds individual ice cream products up to 800-1000 items per stop or 4,000-7,000 items daily no carry; Occasionally (15%), up to 25 pounds boxed and or 6-8 pack ice cream product from pallet to freezer rack or six-wheel cart, carry short distance up to 6 feet.
- Push/Pull: Frequently, using both hands and arms while moving materials via wheeled cart, exerting a force up to 15-35 pounds depending on surface/slope. Seldom up to 35-75 pounds force moving palletized load using pallet jack.
- Climbing: Frequently, stepping in/out of truck, up to 16-42 inches, 2-3 steps depending on vehicle, up to 50 repetitions per shift.
- Bending/Twisting: Constantly, at waist/upper trunk/neck while driving/backing up throughout workshift, loading/unloading items from truck and performing product stocking activities. Items must be retrieved from floor level and placed up to heights of 40-70 inches in shelves.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while inspecting truck, delivering orders and putting up stock at floor level, and during cleanup duties.
- Hands/Arms: Constant use of both hands/arms throughout workshift while forward reaching, handling, gripping, power grasping, fingering and above shoulder reaching while stocking ice cream products.
- Sight/Hearing/Speech: Constantly, required to ensure safe operation of vehicle, and performing essential functions at retail customer locations.
- Other Demands: Subject to cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in store freezer units up to 20 minutes, 5-7 times daily.
This description should not be construed to contain every function, responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
EOE M/F/D/V Dreyer's/Edy's Grand Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
About Nestle USA:
...the world's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. Our mission of "Good Food, Good Life" is to provide consumers with the best tasting, most nutritious choices in a wide range of food and beverage categories and eating occasions, from morning to night.
For well over a century, our commitment to producing foods that uniquely fulfill people's needs has been the secret ingredient in everything we make. It's the right amount of heartiness in our stouffer's entrees, and it's what makes our Nestle Hot Cocoa Mix so satisfying on a cold winter day.
Posted 3 years ago
Energy and Environment,