Posted 2 years ago in Trucking/Transport
The Sales Representative (RSR) Relief provides world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) service to our small and large format customers. The RSR identifies and acts on selling opportunities, makes secondary placements, gains extra displays, uses Point of Sale (POS), and makes effective sales presentations through use of sales data. The RSR builds the customer relationship, leverages standardized work practices, achieves operational standards, follows safety requirements and contributes to a positive team atmosphere.
- Must be at least 18 years of age for DOT covered positions
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, physical and motor vehicle report
- Ability to work early morning/late night hours
- Willing to work over 40 hours when required
- Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and Holidays
- Must have basic computer skills including ability to use computer ordering equipment
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to work safely
- Read, write and speak English
- Drive revenue growth within assigned sales territory by maximizing Direct Store Delivery sales strategy to grow brand/product revenue, market share, and profit.
- Identify and act on selling opportunities, respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space, make secondary placements, gain extra displays, use POS, make effective sales presentations, make effective use of sales data.
- Create rapport with appropriate staff members in all accounts, communicate with staff during service calls, respond to customer requests, maintain relationships with customers to support selling activities, key store managers know your name.
- Follow the procedures outlined in the standardized work practices that apply to the position.
- Adhere to route schedule, properly orders authorized product, maintain proper inventory, set stores to schematic, manage out of stocks, communicate to customers or manager about service matters, execute promotional displays, use appropriate labor, maintain company-owned equipment, properly handles paperwork.
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements and proactively addresses any unsafe conditions observed.
- Prepare paperwork and actively participates in 1:1 meetings, taking ownership for the meeting; incorporates opportunities identified, responds to work-with coaching, contributes to zone meetings.
- Respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, maintains an open mind.
- Models Grooves behavior and uses Key Principles in interactions with customers and employees.
- Communicate directly with team members on issues, openly shares ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, trains new employees when applicable.
-Location: Work is performed 50-80% of time at customer locations delivering products, 20-50% operating vehicle.
- Hazards: Driving a variety of 12-15 ton vehicles in all types of weather, slippery surfaces, lifting hazards, exposure to moving vehicles
and equipment, traffic hazards, fall hazard from work on dock and tailgate, fumes, odors and some bouncing, jarring, vibration from truck operation.
- Tools/Equipment Used: 12-15 ton truck, hand truck, carton cutter, carts, cleaning supplies, hand-held computer.
- Safety Equipment: Seat belts, gloves, safety shoes as required.
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity).
- Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action.
- Communication - presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel.
- Able to work in the Grooves Performance culture.
- Team Work: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
- Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
- Standing/Walking: Frequently, when not driving truck while performing duties at customer locations, loading/unloading truck and using wheeled cart; walking, up to 1 mile per shift on concrete or asphalt surfaces.
- Sitting: Frequently; while driving truck in between scheduled stops, can vary as to assigned route 15-60 minute intervals or while performing brief paperwork tasks.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently, 1-20 pounds off loading and stocking boxed/individual ice cream products (10- 200 items per stop or 200-2,400 items per shift) from truck to cart to freezer shelf. Carry short distance up to 6 feet.
- Push/Pull: Constantly, exerting up to 50 pounds force using both hands and arms and legs while getting in/out truck, pulling up to 22' step to remove ice cream products from side doors on truck 10-15 times per stop, 100-180 times per shift and while moving boxed/packages products via wheeled carts/ racks exerting a force up to 75 pounds. May encounter inclined slopes, uneven surfaces at delivery sites requiring greater force.
- Climbing: Frequently, stepping in/out of truck, up to 16-42 inches, 2-3 steps depending on vehicle, up to 50 repetitions per shift.
- Bending/Twisting: Constantly, at waist/upper trunk/neck while driving/backing up throughout workshift, loading/unloading items from truck and performing product stocking activities. Items must be retrieved from floor level and placed up to heights of 40-70 inches in shelves.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while inspecting truck, delivering orders and putting up stock at floor level, and during cleanup duties. - Hands/Arms: Constant use of both arms and hands throughout work shift Tasks can be highly repetitive, requiring fine and gross finger movement, power gripping/grasping, and extended forward reaching/handling. Above shoulder reaching and pulling body weight up occurs throughout shift over 100 times per shift.
- Sight/Hearing/Speech: Constantly, required to provide safe operation of truck, communicate with personnel at variety of
customer locations and meet federal DOT requirements. - Other: Hand-eye-foot coordination, backing vehicle to customer dock, ability to operate foot controls on vehicle using standard and automatic transmission.
- Temperature: Work regularly in cold temperatures ('20 degrees F)
Please apply online @ www.nestleusa.com/careers
This description should not be construed to contain every function, responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Nestlé is an 'Equal Opportunity Employer' and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment. EOE/MFDV..
Browse sales representative jobs in Warminster, Pennsylvania:
Mosaic Sales Solutions - Willow Grove, PA
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Impact Remodeling - Hamilton Township, NJ
Posted 4 hours ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
22nd Century Technologies - Philadelphia, PA
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply