Fortune 500 company seeking a Director to perform and manage advanced level professional internal audit work This will include managing and conducting operational audit projects; providing major input to the development of the annual audit plan and providing training, coaching and supervision to the internal audit staff. You will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, work independently under general supervision and exercise some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
• Manage internal audit staff responsible for auditing Bank Operations.
• Provide major input to audit engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their improvement.
• Manage the implementation of audit procedures, including, but not limited to identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures. Oversee the identification and evaluation of risk.
• Assist the Vice President/Managing Vice President in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations and have staff management responsibilities including hiring, training, and evaluating staff, and taking corrective action.
• May manage up to 4 people
• Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related fields
• 10 Years experience in internal audit either within a corporation or via outsourcing (can be combined with external Audit experience), with 4 years specific experience in auditing operations
• Professional certification in an audit related field such as a CIA, CPA, or CFA.
• 8 Years experience in (or servicing) a large financial services institution
• 8 Years experience in a supervisory role including experience managing audit engagements