MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSORS & UNDERWRITERS
90-Day temporary assignments
Thursday April 4, 2013
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
1000 Corporate Drive Westbury, NY 11590
NEFCU (formerly Nassau Educators Federal Credit Union) is one of Long Island's leading not-for-profit and full-service financial institutions that proudly offers its affordable banking services to all Long Islanders. With over $1.5 billion in assets and nearly 150,000 members, NEFCU is headquartered in Westbury, NY and has branches throughout Nassau County. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive training programs to our staff.
• Processor: Primary responsibilities are preparation of the member loan file and the gathering and reviewing of information regarding Home Equity and or Residential Mortgage applications. Minimum two years of experience in real estate-related processing; 1st mortgage experience a must
• Underwriter: Primary responsibility is to underwrite loans in accordance with FNMA guidelines. Minimum two years of experience in a residential first mortgage environment; well-versed in FNMA guidelines and working knowledge of Desktop Underwriter and/or comparable system required; must be well-versed in all federal regulations including, but not limited to: Fair Lending, Reg. Z, RESPA requirements; knowledge of BytePro a plus
• Able to function with minimum supervision, possess a positive attitude, and impart a team player mentality
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy; ability to multi-task
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and PC platform including intermediate Excel skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
NEFCU is one of Long Island's leading not-for-profit and full-service financial institutions that proudly offers its affordable banking services to all Long Islanders. With over $2 billion in assets and nearly 150,000 members, NEFCU is headquartered in Westbury, NY and has branches and a shared branch network throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Our full time employee package includes competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. We also offer training and professional development programs to the entire staff.