Posted 2 years ago in Telecommunications
This position is a highly technical role, providing post-sales support of our Networks Routing and Switching Platforms; specifically MX, EX, and QFX platforms. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products deployed within the customers’ network and related platform certification processes.
This is a full-time position requiring strong knowledge and experience with routing protocols and Ethernet switching.
• Hold design and information gathering workshops with the customer to understand the customer's existing network design and technical requirements.
• Understand the customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures.
• Carry out testing of new features and functionality required by the customer in a laboratory environment and to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network.
• Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the live network.
• Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution.
• Raise equipment Return to Manufacturer Authorizations (or Return Materials Authorization) (RMAs) and to track these through to problem resolution.
• Produce a written summary report of the status of equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the customer.
• Hold technology workshops with the customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried.
• Train the customer's design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products.
• Assist the customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures.
Skills and Experience:
• Detailed technical experience in the design, installation and operation high-end IP routers and Ethernet switches
• Required routing experience with OSPF and BGP
• Experience working on a large-scale Service Provider network a plus
• Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks
• Strong Interpersonal skills and a team player
• Excellent oral and written skills required
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
• Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Cisco, Ericsson, Juniper, Alcatel Lucent, and/or Nokia/Siemens
• 7-8 years related work experience
Our client offers very market competitive benefits i.e. Base, Bonus, Equity, 401k, ESPP, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, PTO (15 days accrual 1st yr), 12 Paid Holidays, EAP, Credit Union, Child/Elderly Care, Tuition Reimbursement, and Green commute incentives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our client is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Native Staffing applies more than 30 years of experience to help our clients fulfill their staffing needs. The secret of our success is simple and straightforward - we take the time to get to know you. This means understanding technical and personal skills required by your company to help it reach its potential and meet its short-term and long-term goals. Whether in person or by phone, we want to know what is important to you on every level when making staffing decisions.
Native Staffing currently specializes in offering contract and direct hire staffing for the following professional fields:
Information Technology (IT)
IT Executive Management
What You Can Expect From Us
Trust: At Native Staffing we deliver - on time, every time. Our commitment is to be more than your partner in staffing; we want to help your business reach its maximum potential. We take the time to develop and nurture our relationships with our candidates. Clients can rest easy in knowing that we only match the best candidates with verified technical skills to meet the requirements of each position.
Customer Service: Our definition of customer service begins and ends with you, not us. As a result, you can say goodbye to automated systems, computerized voices, and that annoying muzak. Whenever you contact us during normal business hours, one of our courteous staff members will be available to assist you with any/all requests. We also offer pre-employment screening services and general human resources support.
Knowledge/Expertise: Whether your need is entry-level or senior/executive management, temporary or direct-hire, we have the candidate for you. Our staff brings a combined 30 years of experience in our fields of expertise.
Browse engineer jobs in Branchburg:
Ajulia Executive Search - North Brunswick Township, NJ
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
EDI - Lawrenceville, NJ
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Advanced Technology Solutions, Inc - Princeton, NJ
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply