Check parts and quantities accurately against the work order, purchase order, etc. into the warehouse location. Stock parts in locations as required. Pull parts accurately designated by pick tickets or work orders as required and send to the Shipping Department or Assembly utilizing stand-up and sit down forklifts. Provide written information such as signatures, dates, discrepancies, etc. on paperwork used to stock parts or pull parts at the time the job is performed. Keep work area clean and in order at all times and report to supervisor any unsafe working conditions as they occur. Perform routine stock counts (cycle counts) and other warehouse related assignments. Performs duties with little supervision. Overtime required as needed. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate on hand stock quantities by following established procedures for receiving stock into the warehouse location and picking stock for customer and assembly orders.
- Maintain high standards for housekeeping and safety.
Education and Experience
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Machine shop/warehouse experience is necessary so as to know the hazards of working around machinery
- Receiving Shipments
- Cycle Counting
- Position may or may not require travel
- Adheres to all HSE requirements
- Working hours to be identified by manager
- Must to be able to Communicate in English; both verbal and written.
- Thorough knowledge in proper use of lifting and moving equipment used in the shop.
- Thorough knowledge in proper lifting techniques to avoid personal injury.
- Must be willing to work under severe conditions, inside or outside with extreme temperatures, high noise level, vibration, fumes, odors and dust.
- Able to solve minor problems with little or no supervision.
- Hand and eye coordination
- Heavy lifting up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Stooping, crouching & reaching
- Handling material as assigned by supervisor.
- Forklift experience
About National Oilwell Varco:
Since 1841, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) has been dedicated to ensuring customers receive the highest quality oilfield products and services.
Leveraging over 800 worldwide manufacturing, sales and service centers, National Oilwell Varco supplies customer-focused solutions that best meet the quality, productivity, and environmental requirements of the energy industry.
National Oilwell Varco is a worldwide leader in providing major mechanical components for land and offshore drilling rigs, complete land drilling and well servicing rigs, tubular inspection and internal tubular coatings, drill string equipment, extensive lifting and handling equipment, and a broad offering of downhole drilling motors, bits and tools. National Oilwell Varco also provides supply chain services through its network of distribution service centers located near major drilling and production activity worldwide.