Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Senior Java Software Developer Jobs in New York, NY
Sr. Java Developer with PL/SQL and Finance/Asset Mgmt #2
Position for a strong Java developer with a Oracle (PL/SQL) background. The developer will be responsible for designing, architecting and implementing comprehensive business-facing solutions. The candidate should be hands-on and proficient in programming skills. He / She is also expected to mentor team members and work with different development teams, the offshore team, DBAs as well as database and ETL developers. The successful candidate should be a strong believer in code reviews and testing practices along with efficient development.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
• 5-7 years hands on Java/J2EE development experience in a Web environment.
• Strong understanding of the object oriented concepts
• Knowledge of Java Design Patters and how they fit into n-tier application architectures
• Detailed knowledge of Spring, Struts, JSF and Data Persistence Technologies (iBatis, Hibernate etc.)
• Detailed working knowledge of PL/SQL (Oracle) including the ability to design and optimize complex queries and design normalized data models
• Must have experience in Unix, Shell Scripting and scheduling technologies, like Autosys.
• Basic knowledge of the financial services Industry is required.
• Must have good understanding of how SDLC works (Agile and Waterfall)
• Must have experience in handling challenging and time pressured tasks efficiently. Strong time management skills and proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet all schedules.
• Good written and oral communication skills
Optional (but a strong plus if you have it):
• Moderate understanding of computer science fundamentals
• Experience working with the IBM Websphere Suite( Websphere Application Server, Rational Application Developer/Eclipse)
• Experience in UI Design/C Sharp/.Net framework
• Proficient knowledge in Credit Risk, experience working on Solvency II/Basel II/Moodys KMV RiskFrontier/Economic Capital
• Insurance and Risk Management Experience
*PLEASE NOTE THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING TO SPLIT TIME BETWEEN NEW YORK, NY AND WILTON, CT.
About N-Tier Solutions Inc:
N-Tier Solutions Inc., an Information Technology Consulting Services, Direct-hire Placement and Professional Staffing Company. Founded and incorporated in 1999 in the state of North Carolina, our specialty is offering flexible staffing solutions in the areas of information technology to premier corporations, primarily Fortune 1000 companies. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC with local and national clients, N-Tier Solutions Inc. is privately owned and operated with excellent references, proven methodologies and a track record of success, profitability and continued and impressive upward growth.
We recruit, hire and deploy highly skilled professionals for specific technical skills needed by our prestigious clients nationwide. We hire full-time Information Technology consultants and work closely with our many business partners; nothing is beyond us.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Senior Java Software Developer jobs in New York, New York:
Senior Java Developer with Software Guidance & Assistance NEW!
Software Guidance & Assistance in New York, NY
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior C/C++ Developer (C/C++, Java, Unix/Linux)-128162
Bold Talent for E*Trade in Jersey City, NJ
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Sr Java Software Engineer
Intermedia Group, Inc. in New York, NY
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter