$50,000 to $60,000 Annually
401K, Vision, Dental, Medical
Use your design skills to make a real difference!
The Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) is a non-profit working to improve public perceptions and policies impacting American Muslims. With offices in LA and DC, we advise the White House and government agencies on national security and civil rights issues, and advise Hollywood on creating humanizing portrayals of Islam and Muslims.
We’re looking for an experienced, passionate and bold designer who will evolve the visual storytelling of our campaigns, events and programming. You are creative and have the necessary design chops to bring your, and others, ideas to life. You will work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with small teams and juggle multiple projects.
You understand that great design can amplify good ideas and is a means for creative problem-solving.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and staff to ideate and execute advertising campaigns and marketing material that support programs and events; must be able to explain your design decisions and direction.
- Translate concepts and social issues into simple and visually understandable designs and messaging.
- Evolve and systematize style guides to ensure consistent brand recognition.
- Conduct user research to inform design decisions and copy that effectively address target audience.
- Refine the design of websites, email campaigns, and landing pages.
- Work with production vendors to ensure the integrity, consistency and quality of final deliverables.
- 4-5 years experience in advertising or design related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Well-versed in design fundamentals, typography, composition, layout, color, brand systems and attention to detail.
- A degree in design, advertising or marketing is a plus.
- Proficiency in any of the following are also pluses: video editing, HTML/CSS, copywriting.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
A diverse and inspiring portfolio that showcases your graphic design skills across print, online, and event collateral. Some experience in video editing and/or web design.
- Can explain (in your portfolio) your process and how you make design decisions. We're equally interested in both your process and final destination.
- Eagerness to expand your skills into other digital mediums -- web design, video editing, etc.
- Diligent in managing multiple projects and deadlines, and keeping stakeholders updated on progress.
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
DETAILS & COMPENSATION
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Salary: $50,000 to $60,000 annually
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, Dental, 401K
- You must submit a portfolio (website or PDF) to be considered for this position.
- We are looking for an in-house designer to work in our Los Angeles office. No remote work applicants, please.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach/share a link for the following:
- Cover letter - explain why you're the right fit for this position and why you belong at MPAC
- Portfolio - your website or single PDF
About Muslim Public Affairs Council:
The Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) is a non-profit that improves the public perceptions and policies impacting American Muslims. With offices in LA and DC, we advise government agencies on national security and civil rights issues, and advise Hollywood and news media on creating humanizing portrayals of Islam and Muslims.
4 months ago