Responsible for researching grant opportunities, assists with proposal writing, managing special events, maintaining database of donors, funders and event supporters. Assists with managing donor recognition communications and events. Supports donor cultivation efforts. Reports to the Director of Resource Development.CORE COMPETENCIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to implement and manage special events.
- Ability to operate and maintain databases.
- Ability to assist with donor relations and communications.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent editing and proofing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques and ingenuity in preparing grant applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with various departments of the City, County and State.
- Ability to research grants opportunities.
- Ability to assist with writing foundation and government funding proposals.
- Ability to work flexible hours for research.
- Ability to travel when required for research and training.
- Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects.
- Ability to assist with providing necessary documentation to support grant requirements.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Assist with research of grant programs and plans.
- Support the research and writing of funding applications.
- Assist with editing and proofing draft applications for accuracy, completeness, clarity and submittal.
- Implement and coordinate special events.
- Support donor cultivation efforts.
- Manage donor, funder and special event databases.
- Assist Director of Resource Development in writing funding proposals and applications.
- Assist and/or participate in direct or indirect donor interaction and in the planning and management of developmental programs, as appropriate.
- Design and/or assist in the design, production and distribution of fundraising materials; develops, writes, prepares, and disseminates donor correspondence and assists in the writing of solicitation proposals, as appropriate.
- Responds to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information; secures donor gifts, and provides donors with relevant materials.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- BA Degree in business, journalism, english or related field desired.
- Three years of related experience, one year of which has been spent in proposal writing or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skills knowledge and ability necessary to perform the tasks, one year of experience managing/supporting special events.
- Experience in non-profit organizations preferred.
- Valid Ohio State Driver's License
: Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to read, write and speak fluent English is essential. Candidate must possess the ability to produce executive level documentation, correspondence and inter-office communications.COMPUTER SKILLS:
Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Basic math skills are required. Candidate must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ten (10) key adding machine is preferred.REASONING ABILITY
: Must be able to make reasonable decisions. Candidate must be able to work without constant supervision and still maintain acceptable standards of productivity.WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. No or very limited physical effort required and exposure to physical risk.