As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for design, implementation, and debug of software control systems in Multibeam’s electron-beam lithography system. This role requires experience in specification, design, programming, test, and debug, of embedded equipment control systems. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in embedded software development.
This position is based at our headquarters in Santa Clara. Responsibilities require a motivated contributor focused on meeting or exceeding commitments on schedule. Please visit us at: http://www.multibeamcorp.com
FUNCTIONS and RESPOSIBILITIES
• Be responsible for multiple aspects of custom software, including low and high level software stack, making up the control systems running on Windows, Linux and RTOS.
• Review control system requirements; understand existing hardware and software.
• Implement various control modes include normal operation, initial set-up, calibration, and routine diagnostics.
• Develop user interfaces, GUIs.
• Develop, verify and improve test cases for all operation modes.
• Hands-on debugging and verification of control software and firmware.
• Work closely with the electronics team and system team for developing overall control system as well as the e-beam module.
• Create and improve software documentation.
• Provide reports and share technical information with team.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCES
• Experience with C, C++, C# and assembly languages.
• Experience with QT for Graphic User Interface (GUI) development.
• Experience with communication protocols such as RS-232, I2C, SPI, SERDES, PCIe, Ethernet.
• Experience with embedded Linux and RTOS systems.
• Experience in developing secure and reliable equipment control systems.
• Strong systematic problem solving skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
• B.S. or Master’s degree in EE, CS, or related discipline from accredited college or university
• 8 or more years of control software development
• Part-time, Full-time, Contractor, Regular Employment.
• Compensation + Stock option incentives
Multibeam Corporation is a leading electron-beam technology innovator that is currently developing multicolumn e-beam systems to lower mask cost and enhance device security. With some 40 patents filed and issued, the Silicon Valley pacesetter focuses on two applications: Direct Electron Writing (DEW) and Complementary E-Beam Lithography (CEBL).
Based in Santa Clara, California, Multibeam is led by Dr. David K. Lam, the founder and first CEO of Lam Research who successfully guided the development and market penetration of his eponymous company’s first fully automated plasma etch system. Widely recognized as a contributor to the growth of Silicon Valley’s semiconductor industry, Dr. Lam was inducted into the Silicon Valley Engineering Hall of Fame in 2013.
Please visit Multibeam at http://www.multibeamcorp.com and view other job openings.