As a senior mechanical engineer, you will be responsible for design and implementation of mechanical and environmental control systems in Multibeam’s electron-beam lithography system. This role requires experience in specification, analysis, design, programming, integration, and test of mechanical control systems. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in mechanical control system design, development, and analysis in the semiconductor capital equipment industry.
FUNCTIONS and RESPOSIBILITIES
• Oversee, design, develop and implement precision control systems for wafer handling and alignment, motion control, temperature control, and vibration isolation/cancellation.
• Define engineering objectives, conduct design reviews, and track schedules
• Analyze, simulate, and model dynamic/kinematic properties of systems, including vibration
• Develop or improve software/firmware to implement control algorithms
• Develop programs or procedures for test and calibration
• Test and analyze performance of electro-mechanical systems
• Use advanced problem solving/root cause analysis
• Create and improve engineering documentation
• Provide reports and share technical information with team
• Work hands-on in the cleanroom and lab
SKILLS and EXPERIENCES
• Experience in high-precision motion control
• Experience in dynamic/kinematic analysis of mechanical systems
• Experience in programming implementation of precision mechanical control systems
• Experience in design of semiconductor equipment or similar capital equipment
• Knowledge of precision mechanics, motion actuators, mechatronics, and electronics
• Skilled at hands-on testing, automated data acquisition, and data analysis
• Strong analytical problem solving and root cause analysis skills
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to influence others using supportive data
• Ability and willingness to work hands-on in cleanroom and lab
• Knowledge of thermal engineering and cooling solutions preferred
• Proficiency in Pro-E/PTC Creo is preferred
• Experience with PLCs and FPGAs preferred
EDUCATION and TRAINING
• M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related field (Ph.D. preferred)
• Control system development and programming
• Dynamic analysis of mechanical systems
• Structural mechanics; finite element analysis (FEA or FEM); CFD preferred
• Part-time, Full-time, Contractor, Regular Employment.
• Compensation + Stock option incentives
Multibeam Corporation is a leading electron-beam technology innovator that is currently developing multicolumn e-beam systems to lower mask cost and enhance device security. With some 40 patents filed and issued, the Silicon Valley pacesetter focuses on two applications: Direct Electron Writing (DEW) and Complementary E-Beam Lithography (CEBL).
Based in Santa Clara, California, Multibeam is led by Dr. David K. Lam, the founder and first CEO of Lam Research who successfully guided the development and market penetration of his eponymous company’s first fully automated plasma etch system. Widely recognized as a contributor to the growth of Silicon Valley’s semiconductor industry, Dr. Lam was inducted into the Silicon Valley Engineering Hall of Fame in 2013.
Please visit Multibeam at http://www.multibeamcorp.com and view other job openings.