GENERAL PURPOSE: Work with facility management to identify and implement process improvement utilizing Lean principles for multiple locations in MPS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drives Lean principles with energy and passion, functioning as a champion of change.
- Works continuously to reduce plant operating costs.
- Monitors Lean initiatives to schedules and deliverables, ensuring business objectives are met.
- Communicates metrics and project objectives, status, barriers, and results to all levels of the organization.
- Provides Lean training and consultation.
- Determines financial impact of process improvements.
- Investigates problems and requirements to develop and implement appropriate solutions.
- Follows through to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Lead teams in continuous improvement efforts.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or college preferred.
- Must have minimum three years' experience implementing Lean systems.
- Must have personal computer skills including email and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to lead and train Lean events.
- Must display energy and passion for Lean.
- Must be able to influence others across the organization.
- Must be able to develop priorities.
- Must have experience with pull systems, kanban, visual workplace, flow, set-up, reduction, standard work, etc.
- Must have hands on experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be self motivated.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all types and levels of employees.
- Must be astute problem solver and be able to multi-task.
- Must have a track record of achieving cost savings.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
About Multi Packaging Solutions:
MPS redefines full-service print and packaging by pulling together the power of expert insight, impeccable execution, and diverse resources. State-of-the-art pre-press, print, and finishing technologies are just the start. We use these capabilities and others to create memorable brand experiences, with results that routinely exceed customer expectations.
Led by a senior management team with decades of experience in print and packaging, MPS began building our global network of resources in January 2005. As we've grown, we've not only added capacity, but also talent and capabilities to our diverse portfolio. Growing in this way keeps us ahead of trends and technology including materials, decorative technologies, and environmentally sustainable practices. When it comes to print and packaging, if you can imagine it, we've probably already done it. And if not, we've got the resources to figure out how to get it done. Our results speak for themselves.
Please visit our website to review job openings in our multiple facilities.