Multi Packaging Solutions is looking for Flexographic (Flexo) Press Operators for our facilities in Lansing and Allegan, MI. If you have experience with flexographic presses, we want to speak with you! If you are outside Michigan, we are willing to assist in your relocation.
: Set up, operate, and maintain a multi color Flexographic press including Comco’s, Mark Andy’s, and Webtrons, using UV waterbase inks. Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality and maintenance. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
- Pulls job tickets and verifies stock, inks, and dies are available and used as specified.
- Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
- Pulls spec, verifies aniloxes, ink colors, die outline, stock, and special instructions.
- Sets up machine; installs aniloxes, inks, correct stock, die, and plates.
- Sets impressions and registers print-to-print and print-to-die.
- Completes all start-up checks, verifies scan ability of bar code, and gets start approval.
- Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
- Finishes job by verifying end to start approval.
- Closes out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with product.
- Performs general maintenance to press.
- Follows 6S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have two years’ press operator experience.
- Must have basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test orhave demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
- Must have basic leadership skills required to give press assistant simple directions.
- Must have basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
About Multi Packaging Solutions:
MPS redefines full-service print and packaging by pulling together the power of expert insight, impeccable execution, and diverse resources. State-of-the-art pre-press, print, and finishing technologies are just the start. We use these capabilities and others to create memorable brand experiences, with results that routinely exceed customer expectations.
Led by a senior management team with decades of experience in print and packaging, MPS began building our global network of resources in January 2005. As we've grown, we've not only added capacity, but also talent and capabilities to our diverse portfolio. Growing in this way keeps us ahead of trends and technology including materials, decorative technologies, and environmentally sustainable practices. When it comes to print and packaging, if you can imagine it, we've probably already done it. And if not, we've got the resources to figure out how to get it done. Our results speak for themselves.
Please visit our website to review job openings in our multiple facilities.
Posted 4 years ago