Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Indian Preference Policy Statement
It is the policy to follow its Indian Preference Policy in all employment selections when applicable. The policy aims to hire qualified persons for the position; this policy ensures that enrolled Tribal Members, their descendants and members of other federally recognized tribes are hired when they are one of the best candidates for the position. The complete Indian Preference Policy is available in Human Resources.
JOB SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Finance Director, performs routine clerical, accounting and administrative work including basic coding of financial and accounting information in inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and cashiering.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides specialized and/or technical information that requires moderate interpretation of established policies, procedures and guidelines to internal and/or external customers/vendors. Some incumbents may have to deal with sensitive and/or potentially volatile situations.
2. Compiles data that may require information searches through files, contracts, records, or computer files.
3. Performs basic numerical calculations involving inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashiering, reconciliation of accounts, coupon redemption, monitoring of routine expenditures, and/or other applications.
4. Performs basic coding of financial and accounting information.
5. Establishes, maintains, modifies, retrieves and tracks financial and accounting information using a variety of methods.
6. Prepares state, federal, and Tribal reports.
7. Enters, obtains and/or verifies financial and accounting information following established methods and guidelines.
8. Provides technical assistance to customers and vendors with regard to appropriate and applicable policies, regulations, contracts and laws.
9. Maintains inventory integrity through cycle counts and random counts of inventory items, verifying receiving and pricing in system and maintaining UPC/scan codes. Research inventory discrepancies.
10. Maintains inventory system accuracy and integrity. Sets up new items and item conversions in system and make updates/corrections as needed. Verifies pricing of inventory items is correct based on mark-up guidelines.
11. Serves in interim capacity for various staff positions as required.
12. Processes documents that may require attaching related correspondence or information; selects mail to handle personally where the response requires specialized knowledge of the assigned function; identifies priority and/or time-sensitive matters; and maintains security and confidentiality.
13. May compose, draft, type and/or word process, proofread and edit documents, contracts and/or correspondence.
14. Ensures that the shelves are stocked with product and displayed accordingly for customers.
15. Conducts orientation and/or trains co-workers.
16. Processing of damaged and/or returned product for credit. Processes coupons for redemption.
17. Ensures that the received product matches the invoice upon receipt; electronically receive shipments into the store’s management system.
18. May provide administrative support as required.
Because of the Smoke Shop’s commitment to community service and the well being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION (required and preferred):
Graduation from a high school or equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices and supplemented by college level courses in accounting, attended two years of college or more, and minimum two (2) years of inventory experience.
Must be 21 years of age or older
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
Knowledge: General office principles and practices; Software applications relative to the position assignment; Proper English grammar, usage and spelling; automated financial accounting systems and computers; word processing and spreadsheet applications; Basic accounting and mathematics; and Inventory Control.
Skills: Communicating effectively orally and in writing; establishing effective working relationships with diverse groups and individuals; effective problem-solving; effective customer service ¾ in person and via telephone; using 10-key machine by touch; Numerical analysis; the operation of a variety of office equipment, such as personal computer, fax machine and copier; following oral and written instructions; adapting to frequent interruptions and changes in workload demand; maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive matters; following through on assignments; acquiring knowledge of specialized terminology relevant to position assignment; taking initiative; and conducting research for a specific work assignment.
Continuously uses vision. Frequently sits for long periods of time. Frequently talks and listens. Manual dexterity for computer work and routine paperwork. Occasionally walks and reaches, pushes and pulls with hands and arms. Bending, kneeling, squatting. Able to lifts 50 lbs and up.
Company address: 2115 Auburn Way S.; Auburn, WA 98002
Posted date: 16 days ago
We're sending you an email you can use to verify and access your account. If you'd like to create a password, create one here.