Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Senior Reservoir Engineer Jobs in Birmingham, Alabama
Our client a progressive independent oil & gas exploration and production company located in the Southeast is looking for a Reservoir Engineer. They provide a laid back, work hard / play hard atmosphere with lots of new technology. This position will work in an integrated team of other engineers and technical people to use reservoir simulation, pressure and production data analysis, petrophysical analysis to support operations and geology in field development and exploration activities. In addition, this position will provide support to reservoir engineers involved with the different asset teams in the company. The engineer may be called on to provide expert testimony in regulatory hearings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide engineering support for geologists, production/drilling engineers in multi-disciplined asset teams.
· Use simulation models as tools for optimizing field developments.
· Use pressure transient analysis and production data analysis for well evaluation to support asset teams in optimizing production operations.
· Perform petrophysical analysis to support geologists in reservoir characterization, exploration and recompletions.
· Evaluate reservoir potential and evaluate individual wells and field-wide economics. Ability to analyze data needed to make and communicate well-founded recommendations and communicate the analysis .
· Provide exhibits and expert testimony at regulatory hearings supporting company projects.
· Prepare reserve/economic analysis for budgets, year-end SEC reserve reporting and acquisition evaluations.
· Perform reserve and economic evaluations of drilling, recompletion, workover and acquisition opportunities.
Education and Experience
BS or MS in Petroleum Engineering or an associated engineering discipline. Experience with reservoir simulation and/or pressure and rate transient analysis is preferred. Will need to have 5 plus years of industry experience with a solid background in Reservoir Engineering.
This company provides a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, stock and other incentives as well as a solid benefits package that includes medical, dental , 401k, pension plan, etc.
Comprehensive Search and Recruitment Services
Management Recruiters of Chattanooga is a leading provider of full-service staffing solutions to a broad range of clients throughout the US and globally. We can assist you with your specific staffing needs in many key areas.