“Awesome team! Flexible Hours! Great health benefits! Free meals! Help feed our community!”
Moveable Feast, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit agency that provides more than 700,000 nutritious home-delivered meals to nearly 5,000 individuals/year living with life threatening illnesses seeks a full time (exempt/salary) Staff Accountant to support the Finance Office in overall fiscal management by performing variety of fiscal duties. Position reports to the Finance Director/CFO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist Finance Director/CFO with day-to-day operations of the Finance Office.
2. Generate account receivable and medical billing entries.
3. Review client bills for accuracy and completeness.
4. Prepare, review and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
5. Perform collections including researching and appealing denied claims.
6. Maintains Medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking billings; monitoring collections, and compiling information.
7. Reconcile selected general ledger accounts; write journal entries for reclassification of expenses, as needed.
8. Balance accounts receivables to general ledger to assure all activity is properly recorded & monitor accounts receivable aging report. Process data entry for account receivables & cash transactions; & create & maintain receivable invoices, payments, & receipts.
9. Report necessary adjustments, corrections & write-offs, as instructed.
10. Maintain vendor files, create new entries, update existing information, & properly registering 1099 vendors.
11. Process & account for cash receipts & disbursements.
12. Prepare bank deposits.
13. Assist in the preparation of financial reports (i.e., financial statements, budget performance, & interim grant financial reporting).
14. Assist with monthly, quarterly & year-end financial reports.
15. Assist with annual financial audit preparation, as assigned.
16. Assist with general office procedures, as required (i.e., maintenance of filing system & office equipment, ordering supplies, sending faxes, incoming calls related to accounting projects).
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, plus three (3) or more years’ of non-profit accounting experience, required.
· Familiar with FASB 116, FASB 117 & OMB – 133, preferred.
· Familiar with medical billing systems (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, Medisoft, Meditech, etc.).
· Demonstrate attention to detail & good record keeping.
· Experience with MIP Abila software, and proficient with MS Office suite, required.
· Strong organizational skills & ability to prioritize work projects in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
· Must be reliable, punctual, organized & have demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities in fast-paced environment.
· Must have reliable transportation & a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge of general accounting principles & applicable standards (i.e., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices) rules, regulations & systems of non-profit accounting; medical billing processes & procedures; Microsoft Office Suite & 365. Skilled in basic accounting principles; accounting software (Quicken, Quickbook, QuatroPro, Lotus & Excel); Medicaid billing software; use of office equipment, including 10-key calculator. Able to perform accounting functions in accordance with GAAP & in compliance with guidelines; handle petty cash; freely lift up to 20 lbs.; calculate numbers, correct entries & post to records; gather data, compile information & prepare reports; use independent judgment & manage & impart confidential information; read & comprehend simple instructions; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to individuals & groups; apply common sense understanding; carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; & be HIV/AIDS sensitive & interact with a diverse staff & client population.
Benefits: CareFirst BC/BS medical, dental & vision insurance (75% employer paid) + $2,000 HRA Visa Card (cover co-pay/deductible costs); 2 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) – accrued bi-weekly; 9 paid holidays; Volunteer Time Off (VTO) 8 hours (1 day) annual donation to a 501c3 charitable organization of your choosing, & 403(b) retirement plan – up to 3% employer matching.
Originally a Baltimore-city-community-based organization, Moveable Feast quickly spread in the early 1990’s to other surrounding jurisdictions to provide services to people with HIV/AIDS, starting in Baltimore County, and soon thereafter expanding services to Howard, Harford, Anne Arundel, and Carroll counties. In 1998, Governor Parris Glendening awarded Moveable Feast a State grant to provide meals to people with HIV/AIDS on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. Today, Moveable Feast serves 14 of the 24 counties in Maryland.
Moveable Feast is the only provider of medically tailored meals – free of charge- for people with serious illnesses. Our Board is adamant that this service be made available to individuals who are most in need, especially in those jurisdictions where there are limited or no other home delivered meal services available. No one should have to make the choice between paying an electric bill, or buying medication, over eating healthy during their illness. Moveable Feast is here to make sure no one as to make that choice!