“This is a company of car enthusiasts doing what they love every day.”
Associate Publisher – Job Description
The Associate Publisher will sell advertising and sponsorship for our two print publications, extensive and growing digital platforms and expanding events business. This person will directly report to Director of Sales and be a vital piece of our small but passionate sales department.
Specifically, this person will:
• Sell print, digital and event advertising and sponsorship.
• Coordinate communications to past, present, and future advertisers.
• Effectively vet and guide provided or self-sourced sales prospects and leads through the sales funnel.
• Communicate effectively across departmental lines and with external partners.
• Strong proposal-writing and professional communication skills.
• Deep experience and familiarity with CRM systems.
• Analytical mindset that can interpret reports and charts.
• Critical thinking skills, including the ability to research topics and judge the relative merit of each source of information.
• Social intelligence and the ability to stay motivated and work within a team.
• Pleasant personality, or at least the ability to fake it for eight hours per day, five days per week.
• Strong work ethic, especially a willingness to pitch in if the team needs a helping hand.
• Ability to embrace change and suggest improvements to current processes to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
• MS Office experience, particularly with Excel and Outlook.
• Sporadic but regular ability to travel for trade shows, company sponsored events and customer visits. Some weekend and after-hours work required.
• Experience in or desire to work in a small, growing and family-based business.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS:
• Interest and knowledge of the automotive performance world.
• History of exceeding in media sales.
• A high sense of urgency and ability to deliver results.
• A desire to grow in their career.
• Strong background of building revenue from digital products.
The compensation package will include a competitive base salary, as well as generous individual and team commissions and bonuses based on meeting goals. In addition, health care will be provided at no cost, as will IRA matching and two weeks of vacation, plus five personal days per year.
Motorsport Marketing, Inc. is an industry leading, family-owned media company with the second generation already in place. In business for 35 years, it continues to grow rapidly in paid print circulation, online traffic, print and digital advertising revenue, and revenue from events. Its potential seems limitless, with even stronger growth projected on the horizon.
MMI was founded in the summer of 1984 by Tim and Margie Suddard. The company publishes two nationally-distributed, industry-leading magazines in the sports car segment. Grassroots Motorsports is a nearly 200-page title, published eight times per year, that caters to the Porsche, BMW and other sports car enthusiasts who like to compete with their cars at weekend autocross, rally and racing events.
Classic Motorsports is published six times per year, runs 144-172 pages and caters to the classic sports car enthusiast who collects, restores and races their classic sports cars.
In addition to these two publications, MMI does outside contract work, including the event programs for the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance, the Hilton Head Island Concours d’Elegance, and the Classic Motorsports Mitty.
The company also puts on sponsored automotive events. These include a large hospitality event within the Rolex 24 at Daytona, an upscale 5-day classic car tour in conjunction with the Amelia Island Concours, an Ultimate Track Car Challenge, the $2018 Challenge, a welcome party at Monterey Car Week and others including a full partnership in one of America’s largest vintage race events.
MMI is headquartered in a historic art-deco building, restored to resemble a period car dealership and filled with the cars and art of our world. Attire is casual, and it’s a good thing every employee has their own office, as you’ll often find them stashing parts for their next project cars behind their desks.
The world of motorsports is an exciting one, with many opportunities to see and drive amazing cars and visit amazing places. We travel to hundreds of world-class events in the U.S. and abroad. MMI is the undisputed market leader, and works tirelessly to maintain its status.
MMI is located in temperate northern Florida, in the Daytona Beach area. With no state income tax, an abundance of outdoor recreation, beautiful weather year round and the world center of racing just ten minutes away, this is the perfect area to live and work. Florida also has no emissions testing, meaning car lovers like us are free to modify to our heart’s content.
The average price of a home is less than $200,000, yet the school system is one of the best in the state, including one of Newsweek’s top 100 high schools in the country, and multiple middle and elementary schools that consistently top state standardized testing lists. The Daytona Beach metropolitan area is home to nearly 600,000 people, with the arts and culture to match. MMI’s headquarters is a short bike ride from downtown Daytona Beach, as well as the historic 100-year-old Jackie Robinson Stadium.
Other nearby cities include Jacksonville and Orlando, each about an hour’s drive away. Many employees choose to live in nearby Ormond Beach, the site of the one of the Gilded Age’s finest properties, the Ormond Hotel.
Company address: 915 Ridgewood Ave. Holly Hill, FL 32117
Posted date: 17 days ago