Life, Vision, Dental, Medical
The Outside Sales Representative’s main responsibility is to produce a targeted sales volume for their branch while maintaining the approved product line margins to ensure profitability. Additional responsibilities include customer relations, providing support for their customer base, and maintaining a sales presence in the field and at the local branch office. Compliance with company policies, processes and procedures coupled with a comprehensive understanding of the company’s various systems such as P-21 and Salesforce are basic skills necessary to meeting the above responsibilities. Integral to the success of this position is partnering and effectively communicating with the Customer Service and Operations branch teams. Such partnering is expected as part of providing a high level of service and support to the customer base.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Quoting materials and/or complete jobs as needed by customers/potential customers.
- Gathering plans/specs/bidder’s lists to facilitate distribution of these opportunities to their customers.
- Provide architects/customers with necessary documents, samples, submittal packages.
- Visiting projects to gather pertinent information to close jobs and assist Lead Investigators.
- Frequenting geographical sites looking for new jobs within our scope in search of new business opportunities.
- Creating new job leads/opportunities in Salesforce with information gathered in the field.
- Prospecting for new customers via phone calls, office visits, jobsite visits, and entertainment.
- Maintaining the assigned customer base via phone calls, office visits, jobsite visits, and entertainment.
- Conducting AIA/Architect meetings with vendors as needed.
- Partnering with other departments within the company to ensure that the company stocks the proper materials in meeting customer demand.
- Having an open, ongoing line of communication with customers.
- Managing special customer needs that do not fit within Morrell’s standard operation procedures.
- Promoting “cross-selling” of company products when applicable.
- Sales Reps, through their established relationships, need to assist in addressing issues such as collections/credits, need for specialty items, unexpected service issues, unreasonable expectations, quality issues, acquisition of job data for ship to set up, and any other warranty/product concerns that may arise.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 5 years sales experience and/or in construction industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Epicor ERP or any other ERP a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
About Morrell Masonry Supply, Inc:
Originally servicing the Houston metropolitan market, we expanded to San Antonio in the Spring of 2009. We are one of the largest suppliers of Masonry, Stucco, Stone and EIFS products in the Great State of Texas. We continue to grow and look for new markets to open stores in to service our growing clientele. At Morrell we focus on customer service, quality products and quality long term professional relationships. We also realize that employee well-being must be at the top of our priorities and strive to make Morrell a good place to work, safe, respectful with opportunity for advancement. Many of our employees have been here since our inception.
We offer paid holidays, medical, dental, life, and HSA benefits after 90 days of employment. Vacation and PTO (Paid Time Off) after 1 year of employment.