Title: LTE NOC Network Engineer Duration: Direct Hire, or Contract to hire Location: Lisle, IL ( REMOTE FOR TIME BEING)
** can not provide sponsorship/ can not work with 3rd party vendors**
As an integral part of our Network Operations team, the LTE NOC Engineer is focused on providing support for mission-critical services to ensure the uninterrupted flow of all data and services for our LTE network customers.
· Provide support of wireless networking infrastructure by interfacing directly with customers, customer NOCs, field service partners and OEMs.
· Proactively monitor, resolve applications, remotely configure, manage and troubleshoot the network and central offices for trouble resolution.
· Respond to NOC alerts in a timely manner and initiate a network element system/subsystem interaction to restore network service.
· Coordinate trouble resolution with field personnel, Engineering personnel, NOC management team, and vendor support teams.
· Make decisions and take actions to prevent network interruptions and service degradation. Work chronic issues as defined by management.
· Act as a first-level escalation point of contact. Assist other technicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network structure and theory.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, internal and external teams.
· Support the development of standards related to Network Operations processes, tools and best practices.
· Identify, coordinate and document preventive, proactive and corrective maintenance requirements.
· Develop and verify Method of Procedure (MOP) documentation for activities to be performed in a production environment.
· Perform troubleshooting, technical support and technical problem resolution.
· Ability to effectively communicate complex problems, issues, and solutions to customers, vendors, partners and peers.
· Coordinating assigned projects and managing to completion.
· Identify, collect, and report Key metrics to senior leadership.
· Provide incident review and analysis requests to determine root cause and future mitigation.
Education and Experience:
· A minimum of 4-6 years' experience with the following is required:
· Expert-level technical knowledge of LTE wireless solutions (RAN and Core network)
· In-depth experience with IP routing protocols and troubleshooting experience on switching and routing.
· Experience technical knowledge of IP network products and the strategic direction of networking technologies
· Design experience with new network topologies as needed, incorporating best practices around WAN/LAN, mobility, switching, routing, security and convergence
· Experience in LTE Core call flow call tracing for all call scenarios
· Experience in the administration, support, and operation of the Orion SolarWinds platform.
· Experience in the administration support software O&M tools for LTE maintenance and operations RAN equipment (5620 SAM "Service Aware Manager”, "NetACT – Nokia, Spider Net – SpiderCloud Wireless, and Ericsson OSS).
· Knowledge of Small Cell wireless technologies and Ethernet backhaul solutions.
· Must be able to work nights and weekends with minimum supervision.
· Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of technical and managerial staff.
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline
· LTE core and RAN relevant professional certifications.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Office environment, Lisle NOC. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.