This is an ideal opportunity for a talented Web Developer with strong front-end programming skills with expertise with modern HTML and CSS. This position requires collaborating with Marketing, Product Management, and internal stakeholders to produce production-ready HTML, web designs, and ongoing website maintenance. You will also be responsible for maintaining and managing the existing HTML and CSS of our websites, making sure it is consistent, efficient and well formatted.
- Build responsive HTML/CSS sites in a CMS setting (Wordpress, Joomla, Magento).
- Day-to-day site content maintenance and enhancements.
- Project Debugging and Quality Assurance Testing.
- Help establish and enforce style guidelines across websites.
- Communicate proactively, notifying managers of progress and workload.
- Have a solid understanding of UI/UX design.
- Experience with PHP / MySQL.
- Experience with Wordpress, Joomla or other widely used CMS.
- Experienced implementing responsive sites. Experience with Wordpress, Joomla and integrating designs from PSD.
- Experienced and talented front-end developer with a modern toolset: HTML5, CSS3, SASS (or LESS), 960 Grid, Boostrap, Media Queries, jQuery, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You'll be helping non-technical internal customers translate business requirements into actionable design/development specifications.
- Superior organization and documentation skills. You'll be responsible for a variety of web-based systems, and should be able to demonstrate your attention to detail and willingness to provide thorough, clear documentation as you work.
- Strong visual design sensibilities (aesthetics, chromatics, typography).
- Strong knowledge of web standards and cross-browser, cross-platform development and testing. You should be able to demonstrate your ability to use CSS for table-less layout.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Have a strong design foundation including adept use of grids, typography, color harmony, etc.
- Comfort with linux-based servers / hosting environments ( cPanel, WHM, etc.)
- Experience with version control software like Git or SVN is a plus.
- Experienced working with Adobe CS. Understanding of the web development lifecycle, including development, staging and QA.
- Familiarity with server-side languages such as PHP and MySQL database is a big plus. You should be able to work efficiently alongside both creative and web application development peers.
- Provide resume with cover letter.
- Provide portfolio or examples of projects that you have worked on.
We are Momentum - a group of innovators, designers and strategists, but most importantly, we are client driven.
Since Momentum was founded in 2010 by Jimi Plouffe and Adam Sgammotta, it has been our primary goal to deliver every client a digital strategy that will help them achieve their goals. We also maintain that our client remains our priority, and that we provide them with the education and solutions to move their business forward on the web.
Our first client, Michigan Head & Neck, remains a client today. We have since welcomed many new clients to the Momentum family who have partnered with us on their web design, development or internet marketing project and have recognized our passion, as well as our integrity. We never lose focus on what got us to where we are today, our clients.
We threw away the 9 to 5 playbook and created an environment built for creativity.
It is true that in our professional careers, we will spend more time at work then we do home. So it was only natural to create an open culture where our employees can be passionate and do what they do best in comfort. While clients are vital to success, it takes a team of dedicated and talented individuals to interact and collaborate to turn visions into reality.
At Momentum, we are a team, we sit down for lunch each day together and finish a week of hard work with an ice cold, Michigan Craft Beer on Fridays. We share common goals and visions for the company, and each of us have experiences in other industries, reflecting the audiences that we serve.