Benefits OfferedDental, Life, Medical, Retirement, Vision
Compensation$85,000 to $185,000 per year
Why Work Here?
Great benefits, work/life balance, awesome coworkers and employee appreciation.
Who We Are:
- Mokri Vanis & Jones, LLP is an established mid-sized law firm with 5 offices throughout California and Nevada. Our firm provides a full range of transaction and litigation services. We represent a broad spectrum of clients, from major multinational corporations and financial institutions to family-owned small businesses and private individuals.
About the Role:
Mokri Vanis and Jones LLP has an immediate full-time opportunity for an attorney with 5+ years of experience in either construction defect and / or general liability / personal injury matters. Successful candidates will have exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to build rapport with clients. Ideal candidates must have significant experience taking and defending depositions, attending court appearances, attending mediations and drafting/opposing motions.
What You'll Do:
- Consult with clients on legal best practices and provide legal support
- Prepare case file documents
- Work with the legal team to compile comprehensive trial briefs
- Draft and administer legal documents not limited to contracts, memos, and motions
- Review discovery documents and define the best course of action
- Adhere to a consistent schedule of hearings, court appearances, and case-related conferences
- Represent the company in legal proceedings such as trials and hearings
- Facilitate the depositions of experts and case witnesses
- Research and interpret law and rulings and anticipate legal risks
- Maintain case file from opening to close
- Maintain client relationships and communicate case status often
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent
- Juris Doctor (JD) Degree and current license by the state bar to practice law in the state of CA required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skills of persuasion and negotiation
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and competency
- Professional attitude and strong personal ethics
- Administrative and managerial experience preferred
Why Work With Us? Our firm culture is about teamwork, support, good communication, a work/life balance and professional development opportunities. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance Options (LTD, Life, STD, Critical Illness, etc)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Mokri Vanis & Jones LLP:
Company address: 3620 American River Dr, Sacramento, CA 95864
Posted date: 23 days ago