Mobolize is looking for a talented mid-level Software Developer with expertise in Java and web frameworks to design, implement, and maintain our server-side infrastructure. This position reports to the Director of Engineering, and will be responsible for all aspects of the product development lifecycle, from gathering initial requirements, then to design/implementation,
and ultimately to cloud deployment and maintenance. Mobolize is a fast-growing startup with a fast-paced work environment, and the ideal candidate is someone who excels in the dynamic nature of such a demanding environment, with significant opportunities to gain cross-functional experience working with the product, support and sales teams.
- Design, implement, and maintain web-based server software that consists of a Java-based web framework and horizontally scalable database layer.
- Design, implement and manage the cloud-based hosting infrastructure that consists of working with Linux and Windows virtual machines, cloud management tools and automation scripts.
- Develop detailed designs, schedules, and documentation for technical deliverables, and drive them from initial planning, through development and testing, and finally to deployment and ongoing operations.
- Work closely with Product Management, Client Services, Sales and other teams to ensure the correct alignment of priorities, requirements, and direction.
- Develop and promote best practices in software development, QA, and IT operations.
- A minimum of 4 years in web-based development and working with web server frameworks, with a strong preference for experience with Java-based frameworks (e.g., Spring, Tomcat).
- A minimum of 4 years in Java programming, with a strong preference for experience in server-side and/or high performance Java software development.
- A minimum of 4 years in SQL programming, object-relational mappings (preferably JPA), and database management (preferably MySQL).
- Must have experience with cloud infrastructure platform and tools, such as Amazon Web Services or similar.
- Must have experience in web programming (i.e. HTML, CSS and JS), and strong web UI design skills, with a strong preference for experience with Java-based UI frameworks (e.g. Swing, GWT, GXT).
- Must have experience in Unix/Linux administration and shell scripting.
What We Do
Mobolize partners with mobile device makers, app developers and operators worldwide to provide subscription-based apps and services that give consumers control over their mobile data. Our partners and customers are some of the largest in their industries.
Why work at Mobolize?
Visibility -- The nature of our technology helps us secure meetings with the leading carrier, handset and mobile technology companies, and you will enjoy valuable career exposure and visibility to some of the most talented minds in this space.
Global scope and impact -- Our technology offers new benefits to carriers and mobile technology vendors from around the world, and our products enable them to deliver market-leading capabilities that will help bring the next 2 billion emerging market customers into the smartphone era.
Outstanding leadership -- Our company is led by an experienced management team that has brought multiple start-ups to successful exits. Our executive team's profiles can be viewed at www.mobolize.com.
Excellent compensation -- In addition to a competitive compensation plan including stock options, we offer a full benefits package.
Principals only please. Mobolize does not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes sent by these firms shall be considered property of Mobolize, and no fee shall be due.
Posted 4 years ago