Mobile Doctors®, a physician practice management company specializing in making house calls to geriatric and homebound patients in 7 states, seeks an Office Medical Assistant for our Clinical Coordinator position in our Southfield, MI office.Summary
The Clinical Coordinator oversees all documentation in the charts (i.e. reviews charts after doctor visits, ensures accuracy and completion of all documentation, and processes all orders and physician requests), and is responsible for answering the phones throughout the day and responding appropriately to caller questions and requests. He/she assists in providing a continuity of care by carrying out orders and communicating with the doctors, home health nursing agencies, durable medical equipment companies (DMEs), and others, all while providing EXCEPTIONAL customer service.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Verify patient charts and all other visit-related documentation for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Understand and call in new prescriptions and refills to the pharmacy.
- Monitor receipt of requested information, such as medical records. Verify that all requests are completed in an expeditious manner.
- Maintain proper documentation of activities and communications (i.e. liberally use Progress Notes section of patient chart to record phone calls and other information).
- Be the liaison between Mobile Doctors® and vendors/reps.
- Track Ultrasounds, Echocardiograms, EKG’s, and dopplers in the Test Tracking Log.
- Utilize the Message Log throughout the day.
- Receiving, signing for, and properly putting away any FedEx, UPS, etc. deliveries.
- Communicate with physicians (Refills, patient’s clinical complaints, referrals to a specialist, etc.).
- Assist as needed with securing referrals and making referrals to a specialist or test appointments.
- Relay messages as may be required by physicians.
- Answer phones and if needed direct calls to the proper dept/person.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Type up letters for patients (electric company, gas company, jury duty, etc.).
- Copy charts and reports as needed.
- File documentation (physical exams, nursing notes, orders, patient letters, etc.) properly in the patient’s chart.
- Inform patients of medication changes, additional lab work or nursing orders.
- Assist with referrals/intake process as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Related work experience
- MA certificate or equivalent
- EMT-B or Paramedic
There is opportunity for a pay increase after the new employee's initial 100 days of employment and annually during performance reviews. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, and AD&D insurance, flexible spending account, 2 weeks vacation, 3 sick days, 6 holidays, and direct deposit.Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 30 pounds
All offers of employment are contingent based on a successful background check.
Interested applicants can apply via the link below. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, please no phone calls.