Mobile Doctors™, a physician practice management company specializing in making house calls to geriatric and homebound patients in 7 states, seeks a File Clerk in our Southfield, MI office.Summary
This position is mainly responsible for filing and pulling charts, filing documentations within charts, and faxing and copying information from the charts. The File Clerk may also help out at the front desk when needed by answering telephones, directing calls, taking messages, greeting walk-ins, and receiving and distributing incoming mail and deliveries (as needed). All duties assigned must be completed in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring accuracy and providing customers with high quality customer service. The File Clerk must, at all times, safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Be able to use a fax machine and copier.
- Be familiar with alphabetizing and filing charts.
- Copy charts and reports as needed.
- Willing to learn new equipment and processes quickly.
- Excellent organizational skills a must.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and faxes as needed.
- Answer incoming telephone calls as needed.
- Have proven customer satisfaction skills.
- Be familiar with HIPAA laws and guidelines.
- Miscellaneous duties as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Related work experience in an office setting preferred.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 30 pounds.
All offers of employment are contingent on the completion of a background check.
Interested applicants should apply via the link below.