Mobile Doctors®, a physician practice management company specializing in making house calls to geriatric and homebound patients in 7 states, seeks a college graduate for the Scheduler position in our St. Louis, MO office.
The Scheduler position is meant to be an entry-level position with Mobile Doctors®. Ideally the chosen candidate will work in this position for approximately 12-24 months then grow into a leadership role. This is an opportunity for an individual to get a foot in the door in a fast-growing and dynamic organization. Hardworking team members will have various opportunities after proving their dedication and commitment.Summary
Responsible for all patient scheduling, provide routing for medical assistant and physicians. Assures computer data entry for each patient is accurate and complete.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Contacts patient via phone to make physician appointments, assures client’s acceptance of date for appointment and any unusual circumstances relating to times of visit necessity
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Mobile Doctor’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every customer.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients and/or employees. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
- Enter initial patient data into the MMS database correctly and in an expeditious manner
- Provides routing for medical assistants and scheduling for physicians and medical assistant
- Gathers patient charts for daily physicians visits and assures that proper paperwork needed in the charts for the visits is present
- Assist with answering phones
- Filing of documentation in the patients records
- Performs all necessary updating of data in database regarding demographic and insurance information
- Handles all scheduling changes from the patient and/or physician
- Handle all calls concerning patient appointments
- Prepares new patient charts
- Ensure that new patients are seen and that follow up requests are documented properly
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year traditional school, REQUIRED
- Related work experience a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read maps with general knowledge of the demographic area
- Advancement opportunities available for individuals displaying management potential and/or the willingness to take on additional responsibility.
There is opportunity for a pay increase after the new employee's initial 100 days of employment and annually during performance reviews. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, and AD&D insurance, flexible spending account, 2 weeks vacation, 3 sick days, 6 holidays, and direct deposit.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and be able to move up to 30 pounds.
Interested applicants should apply via the link below. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, please no phone calls.