Mobile Doctors®, a physician practice management company specializing in making house calls to geriatric and homebound patients in 7 states, seeks a college graduate for our Medical Office Secretary position in our Austin, TX office.
The Medical Office Secretary position is meant to be an entry-level position with Mobile Doctors®. Ideally the chosen candidate will work in this position for approximately 6-18 months then grow into a leadership and/or managerial role. This is an opportunity for an individual to get a foot in the door in a fast-growing and dynamic organization. Hardworking team members will have various opportunities after proving their dedication and commitment.Summary
This position is responsible for processing and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail and faxes, verifying 485s and nursing orders, handling the release of information requests, and completing the Care Plan Log in Microsoft Excel. This individual will answer incoming telephone calls and direct the call or message to the appropriate person. All work should be done in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with high quality customer service. The associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Be able to use a fax machine and a copier.
- Verify 485s and nursing orders.
- Process incoming requests such as telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries.
- Make outbound telephone calls.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Check the voicemail and record messages in the Message Log.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and faxes.
- Receive, sign for, and properly put away any FedEx, UPS, etc. deliveries.
- Willing to learn new equipment and processes quickly.
- Have proven customer satisfaction skills.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills a must.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Be familiar with HIPAA laws and guidelines.
- Miscellaneous duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year traditional school
- Related work experience preferred
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bilingual (Spanish)
There is opportunity for a pay increase after the new employee's initial 100 days of employment and annually during performance reviews. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, and AD&D insurance, flexible spending account, 2 weeks vacation, 3 sick days, 6 holidays, and direct deposit.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 30 pounds.
Interested applicants should apply via the link below. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, please no phone calls.
All offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.