Mobile Doctors® seeks a Bilingual Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist for our practice in Austin, TX. We are a rapidly growing organization with offices operating in Detroit, Chicago, Kansas City, Phoenix, and Indianapolis, Austin, St. Louis, and San Antonio taking care of nearly 6000 patients.Summary
The Field Medical Assistant performs routine diagnostic/clinical procedures and tests under the direction of a physician in the field, and provides data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Additionally, the Field Medical Assistant is responsible for driving the company vehicle and ensuring the bag and vehicle he/she is driving is fully stocked with needed medical supplies and paperwork.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Ability to easily read a map and logically route a trip as needed.
- Use our GPS effectively.
- Ensure the safety of the doctor, the patient, and self by providing a clean, safe working environment in the patient’s home, company vehicle, and the Mobile Doctors® office.
- Work as a team with assigned physician. Double check routing slips, activity logs, and other patient records to ensure proper documentation. Fill out appropriate paperwork, and ensure that the patient and encourage the doctor to do the same. This includes securing a patient signature or properly documented verbal consent at every visit, and thoroughly filling out the Dr. Daily Activity Log each day to include detailed reasons as to why any patients were not seen.
- Understand and intimately knowing the Routing schedule.
- Assist doctor with loading the car.
- Verify routing schedule in the morning and call patients to confirm visits. Travel to the patients’ homes in a safe and timely manner with all necessary medical supplies and documentation.
- Preparing the patient and assist the doctor (Perform and document blood pressure, respiration, temp, blood glucose levels, pulse oximetry findings).
- Ensure that company car is clean and presentable at all times.
- Review HIPAA Notice of Privacy, consents for treatment, release of records and patient responsibilities form with patients/caretakers.
- Participate in minor maintenance of the company vehicle: fill gas as needed, track oil changes & report maintenance problems.
- Check charts for proper paperwork necessary for that day’s visits.
- Assist doctors as needed with the home visit (Lab draws, Vitals and assist with procedures).
- Prepare patient for examination, exercising sound and reasonable judgment. Administer injections, including flu and pneumonia vaccinations, TB tests, B12 injections and draw blood as requested by physician.
- Relay messages as may be required by physicians.
- Clearly communicate directions to patient in a professional and empathetic manner. Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, and physicians' instructions to patients, as well as the paperwork at the initial visit.
- Prepare laboratory requisitions and specimens for shipment or pick up (Blood, Stool and urine).
- Perform inventory of supplies and present list of needed supplies/equipment to the proper manager.
- When in the office, the Field Medical Assistant will assist in any way possible, including answering phones, filling, pulling and stuffing charts, etc., according to the needs of the office.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Related work experience
- MA certificate
- Good driving record
- Bilingual in Spanish/English REQUIRED
The ideal candidate will have a stable work history, experience working with geriatric patients, and solid phlebotomy skills.Benefits
There is opportunity for a pay increase after the new employee's initial 100 days of employment and annually during performance reviews. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, and AD&D insurance, flexible spending account, 2 weeks vacation, 3 sick days, 6 holidays, and direct deposit.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and tools; reach with arms and hands; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. On a daily basis this employee will be required to load and unload supplies from a vehicle. The person in this position will be responsible for packing and unpacking the supply bag as well as carrying it in and out of patient’s homes, frequently ascending and descending stairs. The employee will constantly need to position themselves in and out of a vehicle and enter patient homes. They will occasionally need to assist with moving and repositioning patients. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 30 pounds. In addition, this person needs to tolerate exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather.
Interested applicants should apply via the link below. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, please no phone calls.
All offers of employment are contingent on completion of a successful background check.