Sorry, this job was closed 10 days ago.
***ENTRY LEVEL**** Civil or Structural designation/experience
++No VISA Sponsorship++
Position title: Technical Services Engineer
Department: Technical Services
Job location: ALPOLIC Office / Plant
Manager / Supervisor’s title: Technical Services Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Type of job: Full time
Hours worked: 8a-5p
Date revised: Feb 2017
The Technical Services Engineer will assist the Manager of Technical Services in supporting Sales, Fabricators, Architects and End Users with technical information and expertise.
• Maintain testing database.
• Update Fabrication procedures. Learn to operate a CNC router.
• Assist with code / ICC-ES approvals.
• Assist with technical committee work for trade associations.
• Organize Product Transparency Declarations
• Answer technical inquires
• Observe manufacturing operations.
• Researching competitor's technical information
o - Code listings
o - Testing data and performance
o - Warranties
o - Product offerings
Education and Experience
•Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering Degree. Holding a PE or passed the Fundamentals of Engineering test with PE registration as a goal
• 2 - 5 YEARS Experience or knowledge of cold-formed steel or building structures a plus.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including written, presentation and phone.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Comfortable around moving equipment.
• Capable of limited travel.
Construction / project management /estimating / project buy out experience desired
• Able to climb ladder or stairs, Correctable eyesight
• Potential use of respirator
• Ear protection or other PPE
• Able to stand for extended periods
• Must be goal oriented with a focus on safety, process improvement, and team building
++No VISA Sponsorship++
Moderate exposure to temperature change in non-climate-controlled environment with potential of working near heated processes and moving equipment.
MCCA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/H/V.
MCCA maintains a drug-free workplace, and maintenance of same is essential to the safety of its workplace and employees. As a result, candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment (post-offer) physical and/or drug test subject to applicable law.
ALPOLIC is proud to be a global leader in aluminum and metal composite manufacturing. Our premium products have inspired new aesthetics and enabled new design possibilities for decades.
Our commitment to quality, sustainability, and customer care are unmatched. With more than forty years in the business, we know excellence. ALPOLIC materials stand out and demand to be noticed in any setting.
Exceptional projects demand exceptional materials. ALPOLIC panels are manufactured under the most precise and rigorous conditions in Japan, Germany, and the United States. Our distribution and support capabilities extend throughout North & South America. ACM products are manufactured at our Chesapeake, Virginia facility to ensure an American made product from start to finish.
Let us help bring your vision to life with our unmatched selection of colors and finishes. Our commitment to your satisfaction means that your success is our success.
Build it better with ALPOLIC. Let's get started.
Company address: 401 Volvo Parkway Chesapeake, VA
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Civil Engineer jobs in Chesapeake VA USA:
Crofton Industries in Portsmouth, VA
Posted 27 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Rimkus Consulting Group in Hampton, VA
Posted 21 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Black & Veatch in Virginia Beach, VA
Posted 13 days ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - DEA