Job Title: Nortel / Avaya PBX Tech
Location: Albany NY
Salary: $25hr -- $30hr
- Must have a long history with Nortel products, including but not limited to the CS1000, Options 11 – 81, BCM’s, Call Pilot, Telephony Manager, and most importantly, Symposium Contact Center.
- Responsible for proficient performance of all phases of PBX installations.
- Prior experience performing Moves/Adds/Changes on Avaya Communications Managers systems with little or no technical assistance.
- Strong technical knowledge of IP Office, Modular Messaging and Call Center a plus.
- Nortel PBX, BCM systems, Fiber remotes and Call Pilot VM systems.
- Nortel products including Voice Systems, Symposium Voicemail and Avaya Contact Center Software.
- Experience with Nortel CS1000 multi group systems including IP telephony and Call Pilot voicemail multimedia solutions is also desired.
- Must have practical understanding of basic data base, basic wiring, networking, telephones and trunking associated with the traditional and converged telephone systems.
- Must be able to perform local and remote software changes and repair procedures using appropriate technical documentation.
- Position will be servicing customers in the branch service area or possibly site dedicated at a customer site.
- Perform station routing, troubleshooting, testing, repair and preventative maintenance of system/station equipment.
- Perform Moves/Adds/Changes and installation of product. Prepare and maintain related records of work performed.
- Assist in training of less experienced technicians.
- Perform other related duties as directed by management.
- Certificate/Technical training degree in telecommunications or electronics. CTP Certification is preferred.
- 4-5+ years of telephone/Avaya/PBX and computer hardware/software installation, MAC, convergence, service experience. Avaya Definity experience and certification on Communications Managers preferred.
- A complete understanding of personal computers and data applications is required and the ability to read schematics and operate various kinds of data and electronic test equipment is highly desirable.
- Performs installations of Network equipment to enable IP telephony solutions.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
Term life insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Critical illness insurance
401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.