Benefits Offered401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Compensation$20 to $30 per hour
Why Work Here?
Great work schedule working 4/10hr shifts Mon - Fri with 4-day weekends every other week. Awesome work environment and quality of life.
Starting pay range is $20-$30, depending upon experience and certifications. This opening will remain open until filled.
· 4-10’s rotating schedule / Every other weekend is four days off
· Holidays: Fourteen (14) paid holidays and one (1) personal day per year
· Vacation: 100 hours for the first year after completion of the introductory period, with an increase every five years
· Sick leave: Accrual is 10 hours per 80 hours of paid time.
· Retirement: The District participates in URS.
· Insurance: The District provides 100% paid health, Vision, Dental insurance, and Life insurance
· Operates and performs all functions of the cleaning truck
· Operates and performs all functions of the closed circuit television camera (CCTV
· Data entry for GIS information logging.
· Operates heavy equipment and vehicles in connection with inspection and maintenance of sewer system, including, but not limited to, cleaning trucks, television truck, backhoe, dump truck, etc.
· Operates hand and power tools in connection with cleaning, inspection, and maintenance of sewer system, including, but not limited to, hydraulic jackhammer, air compressor, shovel, hoe, etc.
· Maintains District shops, parking areas, and landscaping.
· Enters confined spaces in connection with inspection and maintenance of the sewer system.
· Sets traffic control, including safety devices, signs, and barricades; ensures the safety of the public and work crew.
· Performs related duties as required.
· Education and Experience: A high school diploma (or G.E.D.) is preferred, plus one (1) year of experience in sewer and wastewater collection system maintenance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must obtain a Class B CDL with tank and air brakes endorsements and a valid medical card within six (6) months of assignment and maintain them.
· Must have a reliable self-owned vehicle for On-call requirements. DISTRICT VEHICLE IS PROVIDED FOR ROTATIONAL SCHEDULE.
· Special qualifications include: Wastewater Collections Systems Operator Certification Grade II, NASSCO PACP, and MACP Certifications. MUTCD, TC-TCS Certifications. Or obtain within 12 months of hire. Must Be able to lift 75 lbs and enter sewer manholes using OSHA confined space protocol.
· Knowledge: Operational characteristics of wastewater collection systems; materials, methods, techniques, and terminology used in maintenance and repair activities related to the maintenance and repair of wastewater collection system infrastructure, procedures of traffic control; basic mathematical principles; pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations; basic principles and practices of record keeping; occupational hazards and standard safety practices; requires considerable knowledge of confined space entry procedures and the operation of power equipment, heavy equipment, and computer and video operations.
· Ability: Perform a variety of manual and semi-skilled tasks involved in the maintenance and repair of the wastewater collection system; Requires the ability to establish and maintain an effective work relationship with employees and the public and to follow directions and provide supervision; requires the ability to operate heavy equipment of various kinds under varying conditions; requires the ability to collect and maintain computer and video data for inspection and cleaning of the sewer system; requires the ability to work in and tolerate weather extremes in the work environment.
· Be able and willing to respond to emergency call-outs within the time periods specified by policies which may limit residency options. Must be able and willing to serve in an on-call rotation that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Tasks require a variety of physical activities, generally involving muscular strain, related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting, and reaching. Talking, hearing, and seeing are essential to performing the required job functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, and discriminating thinking. Daily local travel is required in the ordinary course of job performance. Continuous exposure to weather extremes and traffic hazards associated with working in the public right-of-way. Occasionally works in confined spaces and is subject to possible contact with untreated sewage, biological and chemical wastes, and toxic hazards.
Applications are available by visiting https://mvdst.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Employment-application.pdf Applications may be submitted via email to Jareds@mvdst.com, by mail to Po Box 145 Midvale, Utah 84047, ATTN: Hiring, or by drop off at the District office. For questions, contact Jared Syme at 801-255-7321, email@example.com
The Midvalley Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In the interest of workplace and public safety, any person considered for the position will be subject to a ten-year personal, criminal, and background check. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon a physical examination, drug, and alcohol test. Testing will continue periodically throughout employment.
About Midvalley Improvement District:
Company address: 160 E 7800 So. Midvale , UT
Posted date: 15 days ago