Compensation is commission only.
Independent Sales Agent – Merchant Services
Join the Midland States Bank team and experience the benefits that come with being a part of a progressive community bank with the stability of $1.7 Billion in assets and over 130 years of banking and financial services experience.
Through our unique pricing approach, we offer merchants fair, transparent and consistent pricing that typically result in substantial savings when compared to traditional pricing models.
We pass through actual costs to EVERY merchant - NO buy rates, NO junk fees, NO pricing gimmicks, just a single low monthly fee plus the actual cost of processing (interchange, dues and assessments, authorizations). Once on board, our merchants enjoy top level customer service from our customer care department. No outsourced customer service here!
Our agents gain access to a full array of payment products, a state of the art online submission and merchant management tool, and a dedicated support team to help you succeed. We offer true lifetime commissions with no minimum production quotas. Our superior pricing and customer service ensures that merchant attrition rates are well below industry average.
The Sales Agent – Merchant Services will be responsible for generating business leads for Midland States Merchant Services. Utilizing a consultative sales approach, agents will educate the merchant about the industry, explain our straight forward, fair, and transparent pricing model, and close the sale based on real savings and superior customer service. This is a contract (1099) position with uncapped earning potential and work from home.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with merchants to review their current card processing statements and offer them a free, no obligation comparison analysis
- Educate merchants on how the industry, highlighting the benefits of Midland Merchant Services’ fair and transparent approach to pricing
- Review completed analysis with merchant highlighting monthly savings and close the deal based on cost savings benefit
- Complete merchant application, and collect required documentation
- Develop relationships and referrals with business owners in your territory
- Develop and maintain a consistent sales pipeline.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and understanding of the acquiring/credit card industry
- 2+ years of successful outside B2B sales experience
- 1+ years commission-based sales background including merchant services, short-cycle sales, outside sales, cold-calling, and selling directly to small to medium sized businesses
- Experience in and solid understanding of merchant services industry preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Cell phone and computer
- Self-starter with dogged determination to succeed
- Proven sales skills – Must be a closer!
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to creatively resolve client concerns and issues
- Bilingual skills a plus