Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“"Small Enough to Care, Large Enough to Deliver"”
MH Miles Company, CPA, PC is a certified public accounting firm with offices in Decatur, Georgia, Douglasville, GA, and Washington, DC. Our firm and its affiliates consist of certified public accountants, certified fraud examiners, management consultants, and support staff who have substantial experience in serving commercial concerns of all sizes, non-profit organizations, and governmental organizations. Our most important objective is to provide quality, efficient, professional personalized services to our clients. We specialize in providing services to four distinct industries: Transportation, Nutrition, Education, and Not-for-Profit.
MH Miles Company, CPA, PC is hiring for an Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist (Contract to Permanent). This role is responsible for invoicing and communicating with clients and vendors. The successful candidate will have a strong Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable track record, detailed oriented, and strong verbal and written communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Produce, distribute, and track client invoices each month
· Communicate with clients about invoices and other billing concerns via phone and email
· Accurately process client payments
· Communicate with managers and supervisors about invoices and client inquiries
· Process Accounts Payable on a weekly basis and complete journal entries to recognize payment
· Closely monitor the aging summary of Accounts Receivable for past due payments
· Reconciliation of Accounts in QuickBooks
· Create reports and complete financial analysis weekly
· Analyze deposit records; make deposits; reconcile receipts and deposits
· Updates and maintains records of expenditures ( maintain QuickBooks for all accounts)
· Responsible for all vendor, employee reimbursement, Trust, credit card and all other payments
· Ensures all payments are made timely
· Records, pays, and reconcile all payments
· Uploads daily checks written on all accounts to QuickBooks
· Reviews QuickBooks exceptions daily and make determinations on the items
· Responds to vendor invoices/inquiries
· Ensures that all payments are mailed timely
· Resolve payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
· Maintains and reconciles bank accounts
· Reconciles all vendor statements and/or accounts.
· 1099 filings (IRS and recipients; W-9 forms for vendors
· Forecasting Cash Flow projection and prepare monthly Statemen of Cash Flow
· All account payable and receivable implemented on a timely schedule
· Monitoring cash activity and record on daily basis
· Managing all credit line; Comply with contract requirements
· Monitoring any aging AP and AR transactions
· Manage aging Document against payments
· Manage Corporate Credit Card Reconciliation between card statement and booked entry
· Forecasting Debt Ratio on a weekly basis
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
· 2-4 years of experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable
· Expert in QuickBooks
· Expert in MS Excel, Pivot Tables, and V-Look ups
· Strong Analytical and problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.