401K, Dental, Vision, Medical, Life
Last online 7 hours ago
Why Work Here?
“An employee owned company with a commitment to servant leadership and an agressive growth plan.”
MetroPower is seeking an Electrical Estimator that will be responsible for all aspects of construction cost estimates and proposals of electrical subcontract work. This responsibility will include the timeliness, quality, accuracy, and output for all estimates of large scale commercial, industrial, healthcare, and Data Center projects.
- Prepare detailed and accurate estimates including material, labor, equipment, and subcontractors for new construction, retrofit, and service projects.
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits to determine scope of work, accessibility and content of estimates
- Review instructions and proposal specifications, drawings, technical data, etc. necessary to estimate the work.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and input project schedules, perform quantity take-offs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, other bids, job reports, into unit and man-hour figures for estimates.
- Maintain all documentation to support estimate figures.
- Work with Project Managers, Engineering, and management, as needed, in the preparation and final evaluation of bids.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness.
- Develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers by creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness.
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience estimating $100K-$5M electrical projects
- Strong knowledge of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines, and cost control techniques
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient with Accubid software
- Must be capable of effectively communicating with all levels of project and operations management and the client
- Must identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate level(s) of management
- Able to meet deadlines, work on multiple jobs simultaneously, and fulfill all job requirements in a timely fashion
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Able to travel to project sites and other offices as needed. Must have a valid driver’s license and insured personal transportation.
MetroPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply
MetroPower (www.metropower.com) serves the electrical construction & service needs of residential, industrial, institutional, and commercial communities throughout the United States. We believe that the health and safety of people is valued above all else and that all accidents and injuries are preventable. MetroPower enables our sustainable business by building a safety-oriented servant-leader culture that Drives Toward Zero injuries, through management commitment, employee involvement and continuous improvement.
MetroPower is an employee owned company with industry leading levels of employee satisfaction and engagement. We do business as Albany Electric, Albany Plumbing, AE Industrial, Carroll Electric, CarolinaPower, ColumbusPower, ESS, MaconPower, and MetroServices. MetroPower and its parent company PPC Partners (www.ppcpartnersinc.com ) has operations in nine states, employees over 1,300 employees nationally and has yearly revenues of over 250 million.
MetroPower is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees, to view our EEO policy statement, please visit: careers.ppcpartnersinc.com.