Department Manager (electrical construction)
Benefits Offered401K, Dental, Medical, Life, Vision
MetroPower is seeking a highly motivated and strong Project / Department Manager to build and grow our Santa Rosa Beach office, which provides electrical construction and service. The Department Manager will manage current projects, obtain new work, and develop this department while ensuring safety, customer satisfaction, and employee development.
Local Florida panhandle (Fort Walton Beach to Panama City Beach) candidates with a strong network are needed for this position.
Typical responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage accounts directly or through subordinates.
- Lead the sales effort and continually prospect for new customers
- Ensure organizational safety expectations are met by all team members
- Provide overall leadership to department while acting as a team player; lead by example; provide necessary and frequent communication to direct reports to ensure smooth and efficient operation of department.
- Implement standards and facilitate constant process improvement to consistently have increases in our field production.
- Develop schedules for projects, forecast and plan to ensure maximum efficiency and assist customers as needed
- Provide conceptual budgets and estimate projects per customer requests
- Ensure high quality service is provided to clients to guarantee repeat sales and favorable recommendations. Take prompt action to resolve any customer complaints.
- Provide on-site support of front line supervisors
- Complete 1 & 3 year plans for the department; monitor and measure progress
- Manage and track billing and collections for positive cash flow
- Interview and hire prospective employees. Manage employee job performance and complete performance evaluations
- Conduct business in accordance with company mission and vision statements.
- Strong commitment to safety and the ability to develop a solid safety culture with team members
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in the commercial electrical construction field
- Two or four-year construction-related degree or Journeyman background (4-5 year apprenticeship)
- Knowledgeable with estimating, scheduling and budgeting
- Able to manage risk and profitability successfully
- Must be highly customer-service oriented; able to generate new and maintain current customers.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written needed
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves moderate manual labor
- Ability to travel to various construction sites is essential. Must have a Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be self-motivated while being humble, maintaining strong integrity and ethics
MetroPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply
MetroPower (www.metropower.com) serves the electrical construction & service needs of residential, industrial, institutional, and commercial communities throughout the United States. We believe that the health and safety of people is valued above all else and that all accidents and injuries are preventable. MetroPower enables our sustainable business by building a safety-oriented servant-leader culture that Drives Toward Zero injuries, through management commitment, employee involvement and continuous improvement.
MetroPower is an employee owned company with industry leading levels of employee satisfaction and engagement. We do business as Albany Electric, Albany Plumbing, AE Industrial, Carroll Electric, CarolinaPower, ColumbusPower, ESS, MaconPower, and MetroServices. MetroPower and its parent company PPC Partners (www.ppcpartnersinc.com ) has operations in nine states, employees over 1,300 employees nationally and has yearly revenues of over 250 million.
MetroPower is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees, to view our EEO policy statement, please visit: careers.ppcpartnersinc.com.
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 9 days ago