Benefits OfferedDental, Life, Medical, Retirement, Vision
Compensation$70,000 to $80,000 per year
Why Work Here?
Join one of the oldest human services non-profits in Ramsey County to make a transformative difference in our community.
PROJECT MANAGER POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Project Manager, Merrick Community Services
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Daniel A. Rodriguez
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt, Non-supervisory, Term limited (two years with possibility for a third as funding and need allow)
POSITION SUMMARY: Merrick Community services seeks a self-motivated, skilled project manager and strategic thought partner knowledgeable about the social determinants of health, local government, and grantmaking to fill its Project Manager position. The Project Manager, in consultation with the PERC Saint Paul, and local community collaborative table, is responsible for managing all strategy development and execution aspects of PERC Saint Paul. The Project Manager will provide capacity support to the community collaborative table, support program evaluation, liaises technical assistance, coordinate local learning community, and manage communication. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, fast-moving, and entrepreneurial individual who can fully and efficiently own projects and workflows from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Partnership Development and Strategy Cultivation
- Co-facilitate PERC Saint Paul process using results-based accountability.
- Maintain ongoing, open communication with project partners, community, local government, and provide feedback about what needs PERC Saint Paul identify that could be met via the learning community, technical assistance, additional resources etc.
- Ensure the completion of grant applications in partnership with key PERC stakeholders (community, local government departments, federal government)
- Assist with research and identify high impact partners that have the ability or, with capacity building, will have the ability to meet the programmatic goals.
- Monitor and lead sub-contractors and partners from the private, nonprofit, and public sectors and support them in implementation of programs and services.
- Assist in identifying new working relationships with key partner organizations and social service providers with resources that can support programmatic goals.
- Assist with the coordination and management of any special projects as needed.
- Serve as an effective spokesperson for Merrick and PERC in the community.
- Support the management of project contract and budgets and be accountable for expenditures to Director of Finance.
- Assisting in the development and present or publish internal and external reports to stakeholders and partners.
- Actively participate in Merrick program meetings and other meetings related to the project.
- Be available to occasionally work nights and/or weekends, and travel.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training or experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in the affordable housing and/or homelessness field is required.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully starting up and implementing complex projects with multiple external stakeholders
- Understanding of the affordable housing and homelessness systems, infrastructure, organizations/key players, and related fields.
- Knowledge of local government processes.
- Strong commitment to and practice of racial justice and racial equity.
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to analyze organizational capacity and health, including financial skills to evaluate program budgets.
- Excellent project management skills. Proven ability to define program objectives and independently manage complex projects through a complete lifestyle with strong attention to detail.
- Highly cooperative team-player with the ability to also take initiative, be effective independently and meet multiple deadlines.
- Maintains professional demeanor in all situations and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Creativity, flexibility, sound judgement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to summarize and present to various audiences.
- Flexible and able to work well with all levels of internal and external leadership and management as well as outside constituents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Ability to learn to use Slack, Box, Mural, and Zoom.
- Candidate must be able to provide a home environment conducive to remote working, including a quiet and distraction-free working space, an internet connection that’s adequate for the job and capable of videoconferencing, and full attention to their job duties during working hours.
- We seek to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position. Rather they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description. Employment at Merrick Community Services is at-will and may be terminated by either employee or employer for any lawful reason.
We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in our sector: individuals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQI+ and gender fluid or gender nonconforming, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or a protected veteran status.
About Merrick Community Services:
Merrick Community Services was founded on Saint Paul’s East Side in 1908 as the Christ Child Society of Saint Paul, in the tradition of an early 20th Century Settlement House, which provided essential services to new arrivals and immigrants and economically disadvantaged individuals and families. Today, Merrick Community Services (MCS) stands as one of the oldest nonprofit social service agencies in Ramsey County, with a history of being steadfast in assisting individuals and families overcome poverty and become self-sufficient. The core programs of MCS are Employment/Career Services, Family and Community Services, Food Shelves, and Meals on Wheels/Senior Services.
Company address: 1669 Arcade Street, Saint Paul, MN, USA
Posted date: 21 days ago