Support of MMI and applications software for GSM/GPRS/EDGE and 3G Mobile Handsets, and reference designs for same. This position will be responsible for assisting customers in debugging and correcting issues with handset software (MMI, handset applications, WAP, Java, etc.), integration of mobile phone applications to handsets, and field testing of handsets. In addition, duties will include managing relationships with customers at the technical/engineering level, as well as significant travel (up to 40%) to field test handsets and to resolve field issues.
The position also involves understanding, assisting, and communicating carrier (AT&T and T-Mobile) lab processes to customers. Supporting customers before, during, and after lab entry process. Working with MediaTek teams in Taiwan and elsewhere, to resolve technical issues real-time during carrier lab process. Attending, supporting, documenting, and acting upon conference calls, meetings, and lab engagements with customers, for devices bound for carrier certification. Communicate on a regular basis with carrier personnel; drive MediaTek agenda and our products; and proactively drive resolution of certification issues.
REQUIREMENTS (PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS):
- 6 to10+ years’ experience with a BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in mobile handset SW development, Field Test, and/or support.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in 3GPP/3GPP2 technologies. Strong knowledge of 3GPP GSM/UMTS protocols is a must.
- Knowledge of LTE protocols will be a plus.
- Customer support experience is a must; good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Hands on experience with protocol testing (Lab/Field/IOT/Operator etc.) is a must.
- Demonstrated experience, understanding of, and ability to write C/C++ code, MMI SW, and experience in applications development for mobile devices and/or mobile Internet.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and initiative skills needed and should be able to work independently.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Chinese is a plus.
MediaTek is a leading global fabless semiconductor company for wireless communications and digital media solutions. The company is a market leader and pioneer in cutting-edge SOC system solutions for wireless communications, high-definition TV, optical storage, and DVD & Blu-ray products. MediaTek is headquartered in Taiwan with a strong global presence due the increase of sales and research subsidiaries in the U.S., England, Denmark, Mainland China, Singapore, Japan, Korea, and India.
Posted 3 years ago