Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Applications Engineer Jobs in Woburn, MA
Sr. Customer & Carrier Support Applications Engineer
The position also involves understanding, assisting, and communicating carrier (AT&T and T-Mobile) lab processes to customers. Supporting customers before, during, and after lab entry process. Working with MediaTek teams in Taiwan and elsewhere, to resolve technical issues real-time during carrier lab process. Attending, supporting, documenting, and acting upon conference calls, meetings, and lab engagements with customers, for devices bound for carrier certification. Communicate on a regular basis with carrier personnel; drive MediaTek agenda and our products; and proactively drive resolution of certification issues.
REQUIREMENTS (PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS):
- 6 to10+ years’ experience with a BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in mobile handset SW development, Field Test, and/or support.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in 3GPP/3GPP2 technologies. Strong knowledge of 3GPP GSM/UMTS protocols is a must.
- Knowledge of LTE protocols will be a plus.
- Customer support experience is a must; good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Hands on experience with protocol testing (Lab/Field/IOT/Operator etc.) is a must.
- Demonstrated experience, understanding of, and ability to write C/C++ code, MMI SW, and experience in applications development for mobile devices and/or mobile Internet.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and initiative skills needed and should be able to work independently.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Chinese is a plus.
MediaTek is a leading global fabless semiconductor company for wireless communications and digital media solutions. The company is a market leader and pioneer in cutting-edge SOC system solutions for wireless communications, high-definition TV, optical storage, and DVD & Blu-ray products. MediaTek is headquartered in Taiwan with a strong global presence due the increase of sales and research subsidiaries in the U.S., England, Denmark, Mainland China, Singapore, Japan, Korea, and India.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Applications Engineer jobs in Woburn, Massachusetts: