Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Sales and Marketing Manager Jobs in Houston, TX
Sales and Marketing Manager
Our Client Company’s Caustic Services Division has an immediate need for a Sales and Marketing Manager who will be accountable for organizing, leading, and managing this division’s sales team to insure achievement of the financial performance of sales and margin targets, corporate and business goals and strategic plans. Responsibilities include optimizing sales margins, preparing annual sales budgets, setting sales goals, strategic planning and implementation of strategies required to meet or exceed sales budgets, forecasts and sales goals and drive high customer satisfaction. Marketing tasks include the gathering and analysis of data required to better understand, influence and service our customer’s needs, to proactively react to key market indicators and drivers, and to improve our competitive intelligence. The Sales & Marketing Manager will work closely with Business Unit (BU) and Corporate Marketing to establish, coordinate, and maintain all BU Marketing activities in the areas of Marketing Research, Branding, Business Development and Product Development in support of established BU and Corporate objectives.
1. Manage and direct the activities of the direct reports to ensure sales profitability is maximized and sales budgets are met.
2. Create an effective and successful sales organization by implementing proven training techniques/programs and tools to continuously improve skill-sets.
3. Maintain current knowledge of related markets and competition for any developments and implement necessary programs to minimize risks/threats. Lead involvement in developing new products/services for each product line.
4. Develop product line sales goals, strategies, and programs that align with the Corporate and business unit goals.
5. Provide the Vice President and General Manager with on-time reports. These reports include the annual sales budget, forecasts, annual and quarterly sales reports, sales goal attainment, and variance reporting.
6. Marketing Research – Compile, update and manage BU and Corporate Databases; manage 3rd party research projects; analyze information; and provide regular updates to BU management, BU Sales, Corporate Management and Corporate Marketing in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, competition, customers, industries, emerging markets, new products/technologies
1. 4-year technical degree, such as: Chemical Engineering or Chemistry, with 12-15 years minimum of business related experience. MBA is preferred.
2. A general understanding of refinery operation, chemical and physical properties of product line, and end-use markets.
3. A general understanding of the principles of general business, accounting, sales, marketing, and environmental law.
4. Excellent customer service and negotiating skills.
5. Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to interpret and analyze various data and differentiate fact from opinion in formulating sound business decisions.
7. Strong management/leadership skill-sets.
8. Strong oral and written communications skills
9. Exhibit ethical behavior, confidentiality and ability to maintain The Company’s core values
10. Travel both domestic & international 35-40%.
11. Good judgment, both fair and objective.
12. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!
About Meador Staffing Services:
Meador Staffing Services is a full service staffing firm located in the Houston, TX area since 1968 !
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Sales and Marketing Manager jobs in Houston, Texas:
Tabletop Category Marketing Manager
G.E.T. Enterprises in Houston, TX
Posted 8 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Direct Marketing Manager Trainee NEW!
Five Nine Solutions, Inc in Houston, TX
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Solar Marketing Manager
Powurful Energy Services in Houston, TX
Posted 11 days ago on ZipRecruiter