Summary of Position:
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Inform Kitchen Manager immediately of product shortages.
- Uses our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
About McKinley Solutions - Hiring Portals:
McKinley Solutions partners with organizations to engage and sustain the potential in their people, their most valuable yet costly resources.Our solutions focus on attracting, hiring, training and retaining "The Right People".
Specializing in the mining, hospitality, tourism, golf, private club, and health industries. McKinley Solutions are the innovators behind hospitalityhive.com, clubjobs.ca, homecarejobs.ca, and now twitter.com/careersinmining.