Summary of Position:
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labour as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labour cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
A casual Urban Tavern where people gather to enjoy sticky ribs with a local brew, a house smoked Bacon Mac n’ Cheese made with black truffle infused Pecorino cheese, rustic flatbreads or traditional cocktails with a twist. All served in a sophisticated presentation and service. Interesting local and European brews will be tapped regularly along with interesting new and old world wines. Of course we can’t forgot the cocktails including our own signature ’Against the Grain’ made with Canadian whiskey.
About McKinley Solutions - Hiring Portals:
McKinley Solutions partners with organizations to engage and sustain the potential in their people, their most valuable yet costly resources.Our solutions focus on attracting, hiring, training and retaining "The Right People".
Specializing in the mining, hospitality, tourism, golf, private club, and health industries. McKinley Solutions are the innovators behind hospitalityhive.com, clubjobs.ca, homecarejobs.ca, and now twitter.com/careersinmining.
Posted 4 years ago
Food and Beverage,