Sorry, this job was closed 5 years ago. See all open Kitchen Manager Jobs in Toronto, ON
Assistant Kitchen Manager - Mill St Brew Pub Urgently Needed
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect equipment before and after use, making sure they are clean and in proper working order.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, kitchen area, and walk-in cooler and freezer.
- Be conscious of proper storage of all food products and especially aware of hot and cold meats, seafood and other high protein items.
- Review prep list, check daily pars and maintain pars as necessary. Order stock for their specific list, ensure all food items are dated and up to company's standards.
- Oversee inventory of the stations. Control quality of food to avoid waste and ensure proper rotation and utilization.
- Train employees to keep up with company standards and new changes.
- Check all food for proper consistency, temperatures and flavours.
- Monitor overtime.
- Coordinate workflow to ensure a smooth running operation.
- Make sure kitchen is clean and kept neat according to health department standards; also supervise dishwashers and other cooks in their respective duties.
- Check food orders going out of the kitchen and the food being prepared.
- Review all kitchen staff necessary for any special parties or orders, also follow up on completed work.
- Monitor employee's performance and issue discipline when necessary.
- Handle all necessary paperwork related to this position (discipline, handing out forms to employees, evaluations, special assignments, and communication in logbook for other shifts).
- Communicate with Chef on all problems, complaints and discrepancies.
- Prepare Daily Features as needed.
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week
About McKinley Solutions - Hiring Portals:
McKinley Solutions partners with organizations to engage and sustain the potential in their people, their most valuable yet costly resources.Our solutions focus on attracting, hiring, training and retaining "The Right People".
Specializing in the mining, hospitality, tourism, golf, private club, and health industries. McKinley Solutions are the innovators behind hospitalityhive.com, clubjobs.ca, homecarejobs.ca, and now twitter.com/careersinmining.
Posted date: 5 years ago
Browse Kitchen Manager jobs in Toronto, ON, Canada: