Reference #:59586Empowering healthcare starts with you. At McKesson, whether you work in HR or marketing, finance or public affairs, you're making a difference. You'll spark a chain reaction that results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the nation's leading healthcare services company, we touch virtually every aspect of healthcare. We empower our customers by delivering vital supplies and solutions. And we empower our employees through a supportive environment where opportunity and responsibility grow. Our exceptional leadership team provides the vision and strategy to advance healthcare, so you can feel confident in our direction and your future. At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.Position Description**** Will consider candidates in Alpharetta, GA or Denver Co for this role.
The Sr. Business Analyst (SBA) will support key processes enabling the Portfolio Analytics and Policy Administration functions within the Office of the CTO, including product release policy compliance and the general availability status of products across McKesson. The SBA is responsible for analyzing and profiling source product, product hierarchy, and release process specific data and reviewing those results with the business data stewards and subject matter experts. He/she will collaborate with the data governance stakeholders across the McKesson business units to create and standardize names and definitions for data attributes that are consistent with an enterprise data structure and naming standards. He/she will create documentation of the business rules and the data requirements for the Product Release Requirements (PRR) technology platform and analytic reporting capabilities.
The SBA will represent the CTO in data stewardship sessions with each of the various business units to ensuring coordination on matters such as data model change management, data source introduction, and meta data issues impacting the CTO objectives. He/she is accountable for establishing and maintaining excellent knowledge of data warehouse structure design, definitions, capabilities, programming languages, and data integrity issues. He/she will champion the CTO business hierarchy and master product list (MPL) needs, document information requirements, facilitate the identification of potential gaps in available data and collaborate with business areas to determine best means for acquiring the data needed. He/she will perform meta data assessments, identify inconsistencies, and facilitate the governance process to drive changes where needed to support CTO business requirements. The SBA ensures that data definitions are clear and current, and communicates changes to data definitions to all CTO users. He/she will collaborate with CTO resources and data owners to define business objectives and definitions for CTO analytic and reporting objectives.
1. Take direction to conduct analysis and profiling of potential data sources, upon high level determination of sources during initial scoping by the project team.
2. Participate in the development of high level and detailed business requirements to support release policies and portfolio analysis functions.
3. Lead, assist and/or support on-going CTO initiatives enabled by enterprise data governance program dependencies.
4. Standardize new enterprise data element and models names and maintain existing data names, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data consistency and quality.
5. Coordinate data profiling review with business subject matter experts and data architects, and collaborates to resolve gaps between business requirements and data source(s).
6. Participate in data modeling sessions, reviewing data and data dependencies, which may happen concurrently with business requirements gathering.
7. Participate in the development of technical artifacts (meta data) required for project implementation while analyzing data sources, defining data flows, and dependencies.
8. Develop and track data quality and integration/data transfers issues; report and escalate critical issues following defined by business rules and the data stewards, providing analytical support as required.
9. Serve as the catalyst for business process re-design activities. Leads the CTO in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
10. Administer Product Release Requirements platform for artifact and meta data capture and leverage established data governance standards to align policy compliance reporting.Minimum Requirements6+ years experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions using information technology. Significant experience in business analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.Additional Knowledge & Skills- 5+ years of progressive experience implementing data management systems and databases including data modeling and database architecture, data and process analysis, data mining and analytics.
- Previous experience in technical business analysis and data analysis, or demonstrated experience in a data analytics role at McKesson preferred, or experience working on or with a data governance, data quality program, customer data management program or large-scale data remediation program that focused on quality output of global master data.
- Demonstrated program management skills and proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience and comfort communicating with all staff levels up to and including executive levels of management.
- Ability to understand complex business unit hierarchies and master product data and analysis and develop program and technology recommendations from these insights.
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, obtain collaborative agreements for resolution and implement change.
- Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Familiarity with McKesson product management tools preferred including SAP, Seibel, Team Foundation Server, etc.
- Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility in work assignments.
- Possesses solid knowledge and understanding of business dynamics
- Excels in analytical problem solving skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-direction with the ability to constantly seek innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Must be proactive, high energy, detailed-oriented, results-driven, and willing to drive change.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including issue resolution, negotiation and conflict management.
- Well-developed organization skills to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong business unit service approach and willingness to perform associated responsibilities outside of the job description.
- Drives clarity to ensure focus on critical issues and confidently make high-impact decisions.
- Ability to see a task through to completion independently or as a team member
- Proven ability to proactively establish rapport across the enterprise and demonstrates credibility and a positive working relationship with all stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Collaborative working style with strong listening skills and ability to incorporate multiple viewpoints into the discussion and decision-making. Achieves quality results by creating an environment for effective team interaction and cross-group collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to produce resultsEducationBS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree. Advanced degree preferred.Physical RequirementsGeneral Office DemandsBenefits & Company StatementWe believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
About McKesson Corporation:
McKesson helps health care providers improve business health and deliver better care to patients. As a pharmaceutical distributor and health care information technology company, McKesson provides systems for medical supply management, clinical workflow, practice management, pharmacy automation and care management.
Saving lives starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers supply, technology and care management solutions to over 26,000 retail and 5,000 health system pharmacies nationwide. Our company includes three segments: Our domestic network of distribution centers ensures that our customers - and their patients - receive the right medicines and medical supplies at the right time. Our IT segment provides service and support for more than 2,400 systems in independent, chain, hospital, clinic and nursing-home pharmacies across the country. We work hard so that pharmacists can spend their time on patients - not paperwork. Our Center for Financial Services plays a critical role in ensuring that hospitals, pharmacies and retail chains receive pharmaceutical products quickly - usually within 24 hours. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
Posted 3 years ago