Reference #:61708Healing the healthcare system starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Provider Technologies - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
McKesson Provider Technologies delivers comprehensive solutions with the power to change the way healthcare is provided. Our capabilities extend beyond healthcare IT software to include automation and robotics, business process re-engineering, analytics and other services that connect healthcare providers, physicians, payors and patients across all care settings. Over 50 percent of U.S. hospitals use our solutions on a daily basis. We're also a leader in solutions that manage complex financial information and optimize resources and supply chain management. Ultimately, we're helping the system run smoother so that healthcare works for all of us.Current NeedThis position is a PART TIME "As needed" position. Hours will be from Monday through Friday daylight with a morning start time for 10+ hours a week. Hours may vary due to business need.Position DescriptionPOSTION SUMMARY:
The Relief - Pharmacy Packaging Technician is responsible for packaging all unit dose medications required for ROBOT-Rx daily dispensing. The Relief - Pharmacy Packaging Technician will prepare and maintain the packager equipment for daily use, perform general equipment troubleshooting, maintain ROBOT-Rx online and offline inventories, and identify any customer concerns to the Supervisor of the PakPlus-Rx Program.
* Perform all unit dose medication packaging according to ROBOT-Rx Daily Repackaging reports.
* Maintain all ROBOT-Rx online and offline inventories by utilizing appropriate reporting.
* Perform daily maintenance and necessary routine adjustments on the packager equipment.
* Assist pharmacy buyer with reordering required medication for packaging.
* Maintain and order appropriate packaging supplies to support the packaging process.
* Distribute Daily Performance Summary and Packaging Log Summary to PakPlus-Rx Supervisor on a daily basis.
* Provide necessary on-site information to Supervisor on Robot-Rx performance and other key issues.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred.
* Previous experience in hospital pharmacy or healthcare industry preferred.
* Working knowledge of computer hardware, PC Windows.
* Working knowledge of mechanical packaging equipment.
* Good organizational skills, accurate, reliable and efficient.Certifications/Licensure** Applicants MUST POSSESS a valid and current Pharmacy Technician Certification as required by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy in order to be eligible for consideration.Benefits & Company StatementWe believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Provider Technologies, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers.
About McKesson Corporation:
McKesson helps health care providers improve business health and deliver better care to patients. As a pharmaceutical distributor and health care information technology company, McKesson provides systems for medical supply management, clinical workflow, practice management, pharmacy automation and care management.
Saving lives starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers supply, technology and care management solutions to over 26,000 retail and 5,000 health system pharmacies nationwide. Our company includes three segments: Our domestic network of distribution centers ensures that our customers - and their patients - receive the right medicines and medical supplies at the right time. Our IT segment provides service and support for more than 2,400 systems in independent, chain, hospital, clinic and nursing-home pharmacies across the country. We work hard so that pharmacists can spend their time on patients - not paperwork. Our Center for Financial Services plays a critical role in ensuring that hospitals, pharmacies and retail chains receive pharmaceutical products quickly - usually within 24 hours. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.