Posted 1 year ago in Management & Exec
Under minimal supervision, is responsible for providing leadership in the development, implementation and ongoing coordination of specified clinical service line(s) (e.g. hematology, surgical services). Relies on education, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Some creativity and latitude is required.
- Develop and establish physician clinical service line committee and associated subcommittees.
- Responsible for organizing meetings, teleconferences, working with committee/subcommittee chair(s) to develop agenda(s), and communicating committee activities and work products to the network.
- Assist with planning and coordination of annual conferences (as appropriate).
- Coordinates the development of specialty specific clinical pathways by researching the literature for evidence-based data and working in conjunction with the physician committee to develop the final work product(s).
- Develop and implement specialty-specific best clinical practices utilizing Mid-Level Providers for patient evaluation and triage, follow-up, diagnostic imaging, and laboratory studies.
- Creates and maintains training programs for Mid-Level Providers as well as training programs for physicians regarding optimal utilization of Mid-Level Providers.
- Designs templates and work flow solutions within the electronic medical record system to support the clinical service line.
- Develops processes to evaluate specialty coding analyses, coding education, and compliant documentation practices.
- Examines the specialty model of care delivery along the cancer care continuum to include survivorship and end of life care into programs and work products.
- Develops educational materials, scheduling templates, and other tools for optimal patient through-put.
- Consults with practice staff to implement best clinical practices resulting in quality patient care and economic benefit to the practice. Works collaboratively with all levels of management to troubleshoot and provide solutions. Responsible for building successful relationships.
- Keeps current of industry trends, organizational goals, clinical procedures/regulations and operational needs of the practices.
- Researches and responds to routine and non-routine inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Develops detailed project plans and timelines for assigned projects. Responsible for achieving project goals, meeting milestones, and delivery of a work product. Writes communications, policies, or procedures applicable to projects.
- Recommends business solutions to resolve or improve department processes.
Minimum five (5) years of experience as a nurse practitioner in oncology.
Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited program for nursing education or successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program
McKesson helps health care providers improve business health and deliver better care to patients. As a pharmaceutical distributor and health care information technology company, McKesson provides systems for medical supply management, clinical workflow, practice management, pharmacy automation and care management.
Saving lives starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers supply, technology and care management solutions to over 26,000 retail and 5,000 health system pharmacies nationwide. Our company includes three segments: Our domestic network of distribution centers ensures that our customers - and their patients - receive the right medicines and medical supplies at the right time. Our IT segment provides service and support for more than 2,400 systems in independent, chain, hospital, clinic and nursing-home pharmacies across the country. We work hard so that pharmacists can spend their time on patients - not paperwork. Our Center for Financial Services plays a critical role in ensuring that hospitals, pharmacies and retail chains receive pharmaceutical products quickly - usually within 24 hours. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
Browse program manager jobs in Dallas, Texas: